PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sinnoh sprite revamp >

Shads42's AvatarShads42
grandmaster.pngd+.png
Just going to put things in a hidebox to cut down on the "size" of the post/for other people's convenience

Thoughts on the sprites themselves

In general most of the sprites I either like or don't have a clear opinion on whether I like the new or old ones better. The ones I don't really like a large portion of them boil down to "I'm just not fond of the colors for personal reasons." There are a few that I strongly dislike because I think the colors just look...strange? I hope that's not considered toxic feedback, I really don't know how to describe it other than them just "not looking like a good fit for the pokemon they're on" - y'know, kinda like how some people may look really good wearing red but other people don't, if that makes sense. If I can find a better way to describe it I'll edit this section, and I sincerely apologize if it does come across as toxic - I honestly am not intending that qwq. I would like to touch on a few individual sprites I have feedback/strong opinons on Chimchar's Melan This one gives me kind of a "zombie-esque" feel based on the color pallet, with lots of desaturated blue/green and blue/gray and yellow/green. It makes it look kind of sickly (is that an okay way to phrase it? I think it's okay? I hope it's okay I'm really sorry if it's not qwq). I don't think green is a bad idea for this mon, just maybe not this particular shade? Have it be more of a bright dark green rather than this teal-esque tone maybe. Either that or maybe change the face/hand color to be less gray. Shinx's Melan So ironically this, as far as I can tell, has the same color pallet as Chimchar's but while I dislike the former I really like it here. Having it have a dark gray rather than a blue/gray definitely helps, and it looks very cool. If its not the same, it's very similar. Spiritomb's Albino This one is a big improvement, imo. The white and red on the old albino was kind of blinding, this one with the light purple and orange is more harmonious/less harsh on the eyes. Gible's Albino I actually prefer the old albino. While the pink/purple and the sea green aren't bad colors on their own, they just sort of clash a little together. It's not bad, just looks a lil funky, if that makes sense. Maybe a blue instead of a green would look better? Kind of like the light blue used on albino shinx? Gible's Melan So I really like black for the gible line. That being said, the melans look nice. Idk if they've been changed or not (ik reading the thread this was a controversial line), but the purple and teal look nice together. I would have liked to see the same purple and teal used for all of the sprites but the other ones don't look bad at all - I just really like that beautiful purple on the Gible. That being said, I'm not fond of the colors of the mega melan 'chomp, but I also don't know how much of that is influenced by the very drastic (and frankly weird) color change shiny mega Garchomp has.
Also I do think that having the Changelog thingie Garthic were talking about linked to announcements is a good idea. I joined the site sometime after whatever hullabaloo there was about the Hoenn revamps died down, but before the Sinnoh revamps got pushed out, and I had no idea that there was any sort of sprite revamp going on and that the albino and melan colors were going to change. Obviously it doesn't affect me as much cause I'm still going to try and do a living shiny/albino dex, but I can understand why a lot of people who maybe were in a similar situation that I was in got upset about it and/or weren't aware that the change was gonna happen.
  • About Me
  • My Shops
  • Cool Pokemon
Disabled college student studying computer science Asexual, Demiromantic, Demigirl (she/her or they/them plz) Type Race: dark.png 0 points Open to sparring, doing delta clicks for delta clicks, and massclicking
My trade shop, run in conjunction with my cousin KaidaMcWoomy: [link] My art shop: [link]
I really like Salamence, Sandaconda, Dratini, Dragonair, Mightyena, Poochyena, Spheal, Seel, Rayquaza, and any members of their evolutionary line (aside from dragonite). One day I hope to be able to hord a bunch of them ^_^
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page