PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sinnoh sprite revamp >

So real quick - There's always been plenty of warning, we've never been quiet about doing this and we have announced it. To say we haven't or not enough warning is given is not a fair argument because at this point we've given years worth of 'warning'. I acknowledge it's taken a long time and people will have forgotten or will not have seen it said - that does not mean that it has not been said. You can find proof of that here. I think the issue is less that no warning was given - because evidently, factually, there was. I think it's more to do with the lack of visibility of it since the Changelog was archived though I will note the same claims were made even when it wasn't archived, so... Make of that what you will, I suppose. ...It used to be appended to the "Changelog" but we've since stopped using that. It may be a good idea to link this in the Announcements as a result of that, come to think of it. If this seems like a good idea then I'll do that post-haste. We have proven time and time again that we're willing to listen to feedback by making changes (as we are doing with this recent update as well, by the way) based on that very feedback. To proclaim otherwise is simply blatantly incorrect because we are actively making alterations at this time (and it has been said as much!) - the same as we have done in the past, no less (This is the kind of thing Niet was referring to when he said 'based on provable falsehoods'). Long story short, if heeding peoples' thoughts and making changes based on the feedback given isn't "listening"... Then I don't know what is. I will also note that "listening" doesn't mean to follow every whim put forth. You can disagree with someone's thoughts but still have listened to them, so please don't conflate the two concepts. I do somewhat agree with Niet in that claiming the loud minority is "the majority" isn't exactly the most reasonable thing to do (or in his poor explanation 'toxic', of which I feel is incorrect). We get a number of people talking to us outside of the forums because they feel beaten down / beaten back by the users who proclaim their dislike. That said, I don't think that it warranted such a response from him. I do think that Niet's response was somewhat toxic in and of itself and did make mention to him that it was... Not a good idea. Nonetheless, I decided to allow him to make his own mistakes and to see what would come of it. It's evident that he was frustrated and I will be talking with him about this to see what exactly led to this issue for him. His point about 'consistent themes' and your comment was that we have our rules to follow for how the art/sprites are done - you're welcome to object to that, but either way that's not the point. You then made a comment guessing the names of the upcoming tokens showing a clear understanding of 'consistent themes' through your guesswork. The point was that "We are following those rules and they are consistent - to proclaim otherwise is simply false. I'm sorry that you don't like them." in essence, but he made that point very, very poorly. I will note that he has shown that the colours people claimed were 'Common' actually weren't through a colour analysis graph. It was self-admittedly a crude one but it worked and showed that the claims that some people are making about the colour-usage in Albinos and Melans are demonstrably false. [Citation 1] [Citation 2] I don't agree with him bringing up the unnecessary points that he did. There were points in there but they were negligable, at best, and almost picking a fight, at worst. I won't apologise on Niet's behalf because that would be insincere, I wanted to make a few comments and let it be known that I am talking with him about this.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page