PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Site Skins: How-To, and Helpful CSS

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > Site Skins: How-To, and Helpful CSS >

QUOTE originally posted by Tzukimizu

QUOTE originally posted by Starbee Daydream

Sorry if this question is obvious, but I did not see it anywhere (fully aware I probably missed it). If I need to change the CSS, do I need to make a new skin? I try to edit & apply the changes, and clear my cache, but nothing has worked thus far. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something I'm doing wrong, I just want to make sure that it is possible to update a skin and apply the new changes before I keep trying. The reason for this is I've found that about half of my custom field backgrounds don't work and I'd prefer not to make a new skin every time I need to test a new field background, so if someone knows the specifics on that as well (ie. if it's probably the file size, image size, size ratio, or just any idea of what could be wrong), it'd also be a great help.
Did you also close and re-open the browser after clearing the cache? If on mobile, you must also close the "app" page and restart it.
Yes. I'm on desktop if that helps. So anything I change that's not in the Extra CSS field (background, colors, etc.), this works. It's only anything I put in the Extra CSS. This is what happened: Changed all field backgrounds > ~50% do not work > changed those that did not work to one that I tested and know should work > none of those changes have applied after multiple saves, applying those saves, clearing cache/logging out/closing browser The code is copy pasted and I know nothing is wrong there, and as I said, I already know the background chosen works as well. More than anything, I just need to know that theoretically I should be able to apply changes to the Extra CSS to an already existing skin. I just want to know if I need to just create another skin to make changes to the Extra CSS, or if it is something I'm doing wrong.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page