PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon >

Sneaky Shadow's AvatarSneaky Shadow
arceus.pngc.png
Not sure why a change is really needed since it's not hurting anyone and that people will complain about the names not being changed vs the names being changed, but all I can do is shrug. My thoughts: Imagine having to title Pokemon: "Iridescent / Opalescent / (random other words that no one knows unless a person is equipped with dictionary smarts) Arcanine [Mega Forme Q] " for living dex fields. The names are already long enough that full, descriptive name titles are chopped off and can't be seen unless clicking on the Pokemon themselves. Maybe we could stick to smaller, simpler titles? Something that's easy to type and easy to spell? Words that people easily know? Opalescent would be okay because it can be shortened to Opal, just like Pearlescent can be reduced to Pearly, and Pastel is short. I really don't want to go through the effort to copy-paste words that I don't readily know, and I don't want to be stuck with some title that might end up being twenty characters long with no way to shorten the title. Call me basic, but why not just "Light" and "Dark?" or "Light" and "Shadow?" While "Light" and "Dark" could imply good and bad, like the Pokemon cards (Light Pikachu, Dark Persian,) it could also mean lighter colors or darker colors. While opal and pearl and onyx and obsidian sound nice and they're nice in size, they sound more like rocks and minerals. Also, onyx...Onix... really similar, might cause some confusion for those who don't know what onyx is and might think that's what Onix is.
[Avatar art by me.] Quote me if you're talking to me, please. ♪~ @u@
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page