PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon >

Alchemi's AvatarAlchemi
grandmaster.pngd.png
I think I prefer the names the way they are. Not all albino creatures are pure white, albinos in real life are actually just very pale, just like the albino Pokemon on here. Same with melanistic animals and people. I once knew a pair of siblings who were albino, neither of them had pure white hair or red eyes. Instead, their white hair had hints of banana yellow (Especially at the tips, though the yellow was much more prominent in the younger sister) and they both had blue eyes. Saying that all albinos are pure white is a huge generalization, and a lot of the names that are being proposed, for example 'luminous' and 'radiant' actually imply 'glowing', not 'pale'. I think that would cause more confusion, not fix it. Not to diss anyone, I love your work on the site, but I feel like I should say this: Don't fix what isn't broken. It's not your fault people don't educate themselves. You shouldn't waste all your hard work to pander to the ignorant. Also, Stygian has to do with death and the underworld in Greek mythology, and if melans were called that in real life then... the actual meaning MAY get a little jumbled. But please don't take what I say personally, I'm just a rando on the internet =3
Avatar made by Cøbaltøad for my use only.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page