PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sinnoh sprite revamp >

PyraKitten's Avatarhypermode-12.pngPyraKitten
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Jubilant Dragon

Albinism is the lack of pigment (melanin) and melanistic is an increased amount of black pigmentation. These are the literal definitions.
That's true, but a darker colour scheme is present on Melanistics - just as a lighter colour scheme is present on Albinos. While most animals with albinism have white fur and red eyes - that's not always the case. A good example is in humans. The melanin in the eyes of a human with albinism generally makes their eyes blue (with the occassional red tint to the pupil). Thus, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to believe that Pokemon - who, lets face it, don't exactly obey biology anyway - would simply be a lighter, somewhat different variation. Incidentally, I'd also say that 'shiny' Pokemon aren't exactly... well, shiny. If I were to get out a shining-brush and start polishing a charizard then it wouldn't turn into a shiny charizard. It would certainly be a charizard that is shiny (in the literal sense), but it wouldn't be a shiny Charizard. If word definitions are the problem, we'd have to re-work almost all of Pokemon. 'Mega' means very large - but Mega-Evolved Pokemon don't usually geta lot bigger. That's associated with Gigantimax Pokemon. Similarly, a totem animal is usually worshipped and/or used for symbolism - but I'm pretty sure the Totem Pokemon aren't worshipped by the alolan culture (don't quote me on that one it's been a while since I played S/M/US/UM). TL;DR - Pokemon already bends words & reality to an extreme. It seems odd that PFQ should be any different. Either way, that's just my 10 cents/pence/credits/other-currencies-are-avaliable.
☼ Aka Pyra Kitten ☼ ❤ Artist ❤ Gamer ❤ Nerd ❤
Sprite by kitty00829.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page