PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sinnoh sprite revamp >

I only have one Albino Pokémon, an Albino Starly. I really like the new sprite! It's not a true albino, but I do like how it is the non-phaeomelanic counterpart to the non-eumelanic Shiny sprite. (Definitions for those obscure terms, along with other pigment variations.) I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I love it either way! However, it does bring up the core issue I have with most of the sprites. Most of them aren't albino. That in and of itself doesn't bother me as much as others. However, they also aren't leucistic either. Like others have said, they look like alt-Shinies, rather than lacking pigmentation. This is especially noticable on Grass-type Pokémon, where I would expect no chlorophyll but the retention of flavonoids and carotenoids (the pigments responsible for autumn coloration in leaves). Instead they are mostly blue/violet. While the yellow from before was graphically weaker, it was at least realistic (especially pale, but ultimately possible). I suppose that's what it really comes down to. Were Albino Pokémon meant to be realistic, or alt-Shinies with a focus on lighter colors? This is ultimately a matter of opinion, but as someone who is not an artist, but rather a biology student, I prefer realism.
Avatar from the 2017 PFQ Advent Calendar. Kinaster (C) PFQ 2017. Permission to use covered by FAQ #2 here. On from 15-03 server time, occasionally 12-05
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page