PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Sinnoh sprite revamp >

cornndawg's Avatarcornndawg
collector.png
i don't have any melans yet myself, but looking at the diffs between the old and new sprites on the wiki, i do like most of the old palettes better. these new melans look a bit... stained? and although the sprites don't look too similar to each other, the palettes aren't great and are kinda homogenous. not to mention the new ones are starkly different to the old ones. the new albino arceus looks no different from a normal one too. that being said, new albino porygon is adorable and the new melan manaphy is faaaabulous. and new melan roserade is certainly a vast improvement. maybe there could be some way to implement "legacy" sprites, so that the spriting efforts don't go to waste, the people who like the new ones won't have them taken away and the people who like the old ones can get them back? maybe some kind of item that reverts a mon to its old sprite? that could also be used for mons that have had their shiny palettes changed over generations (armaldo's underbelly went from bright ruby to pale red, charizard was lavender with green wings and fire in gen 2, typhlosion was originally black with purple flames, shiny raichu used to be yellow with silver accents, etc.) so i can have a shiny typhlosion with purple fire. though since i'm still sorta new and working my way around the site (and nowhere near finished reading the news archives) maybe they already said that won't be happening? just tossing ideas out there that might work idk.
avatar is a screenshot from loomian legacy
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page