PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Life of a trainer

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > Life of a trainer >

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Thank you ^_^ Now moving on to the most epic battle of all time! Chapter 5 – Metapod’s Might After a quick breakfast, Andy was standing in his parents garden and watched his Metapod. “Alright, let’s see that fabulous move of yours. Use harden.” A few seconds passed and Andy scratched his head. “Henry was right, not the most exciting move I’ve ever seen.” “Meta,” the Metapod sighed and Andy grinned. “It must be because I’m awesome myself that is doesn’t affect me, I’m sure opposing Pokémon will be impressed.” Benny sighed again as Andy dropped down in the grass so he could sit right in front of Benny. He felt on the shell and nodded to himself. “It does feel sturdier. Use harden again.” He examined the shell again and concluded that even though visibly there wasn’t much going on, the move was effective. “Come on Benny, let’s see where your limit is. Harden.” They continued until Andy was satisfied and he picked his Pokémon up from the grass to carry him indoors. “You think that if I throw you now, you’ll break someone’s skull?” Andy got the impression that if Benny could grin in this state, he probably was doing so now. Still holding Benny under his arm, he went into the house and dropped down on the sofa to watch some television before heading over to Henry’s, but got up again when his mother started to nag about his Pokémon sitting on the sofa. “Fine, we’ll go make Henry’s sofa dirty then,” Andy sighed, wondering why his mother gave Benny such a hard time. Probably not a bug-lover, he thought, shrugging it of. He walked all the way over to his friends house, casually carrying Benny under his arm and the other hand in the pocket of his pants. When he finally arrived at Henry’s place, he was greeted by Henry’s older sister Bethy and directed to the garden where Henry and his Nidoran were. “Andy, you’re early.” “I figured you would be impatient to see me again, so I left a bit early.” Andy said with a wink and Henry started nodding. “That’s mighty friendly of you, to honour me this early with your presence.” “I live to serve.” By now both boys couldn’t keep a straight face and started laughing. Andy sat down on the grass and placed Benny next to him. Henry sat down in front of him and observed the Metapod. “Nice,” Henri said and he nodded to himself, before looking back at Andy. “So you want to train him?” “Of course.” “I’ll see what I can do to help, but training Metapod takes some dedication as he’s not easy to use in battle.” “I’ve got plenty of dedication,” Andy reassured his friend with a wink. Even though they didn’t differ in age that much, Henry had started with Pokémon first, so he came to his friend for advice. “What is your goal actually?” he then asked Henri, as they hadn’t really talked about that before. All Andy knew was that Henri wanted to be a Pokémon Trainer. “The greatest Pokémon master, like so many?” Henri showed a smile and shook his head. “Nah, that is to much effort. First I want to compete in at least one official league. But what I really want is to be a gym leader one day, that would be cool. What about you?” “I don’t know,” Andy said truthfully, being in one of his rare serious moods. “I want to learn as much as I can about them, but I don’t really have a goal yet. I’ll see where I end up, and until I get there, I’ll learn what I can.” “You’re not going to compete in leagues?” Andy shrugged. “I might. I’ll definitely challenge gym leaders though, I’m sure there’s a great deal to learn from those.” He smacked his friend on the shoulder. “So you’d better get one fast, then I can challenge you and humiliate you in a battle.” “Not with a Metapod you won’t,” Henry laughed, “so let’s work on that first.” As they got up, two boys were walking past the backyard, one of them had a familiar face. As the boy with the familiar face looked inside, he and Andy looked at each other for a moment. Then the boy pointed at Andy. “Hey, you’re the one that defeated my Spinarak. I want a rematch!” “How about a double-match?” the boy next to him proposed. “The two of you against us.” “Sure,” Henry said. “I’m up for that. How about you, Andy?” “I don’t know,” Andy said thoughtfully, tapping his chin with a finger. “Won’t it be humiliating to be defeated twice by the same trainer?” “You stand no chance against us!” the owner of the Spinarak shouted. Andy and Henry looked at each other and grinned. This wouldn’t be a difficult match, Henry’s Nidoran was strong and they would greatly underestimate Benny. “Feel free to prove that.” Henry and Andy both made a few steps back, leaving Benny on the field and the purple Nidoran calmly walked towards Benny, sitting down on the grass next to him. “Why don’t you start?” Henry offered as the boys took their place in front of them. The first called out his Spinarak, there was no surprise there, and the second called an Ekans to the field. And right after that they both ordered a poison sting attack. “Focus energy,” Henry ordered calmly and looked at Andy. Andy grinned and pointed enthusiastically at his Metapod. “Use harden, Benny!” he shouted, as if he ordered the most impressive attack ever. Both Pokémon did was they were told as the needles of the poison sting hit them. They barely moved. “Nidoran, fury attack!” As Henry had finished his order, the purple Nidoran run toward Ekans, his head facing slightly down so the horn was aimed right at his opponent and he repeatedly hit it with his horn. After an order the Spinarak used another poison sting at the Nidoran, who withdrew to his side of the field now. “Use harden again,” Andy said with an eye on Henry, who nodded and brought his attention back to his Nidoran. “Bite!” the owner of Ekans shouted and the snake Pokémon came towards the Nidoran and sank his fangs in his back. “Double kick!” Henri ordered. One well placed kick knocked the Ekans from Nidoran, the other knocked him further away. “Are you alright?” Henry asked and Nidoran nodded. When he heard the owner of the Spinarak order another poison sting, Henry ordered his Nidoran to take place in front of Metapod and ordered a poison sting as well. Both the attacks hit and even though Nidoran barely moved, the Spinarak was hid hard by the Nidorans attack. “Let’s be original and use harden again,” Andy said to Benny, before turning to Henry. “You know, he can survive a poison sting.” “Oh, I know. But he needs his strength, right?” A big grin appeared on Andy’s face. “Right.” “Double kick!” Henry ordered and Nidoran ran to his opponents, kicking Ekans first and Spinirak second. “Ekans, glare!” “Hide behind Benny!” Henry ordered and Nidoran jumped behind the Metapod. “And focus energy.” “Harden,” Andy ordered for the forth time, “and take that glare like a man! I mean Metapod!” Benny watched the Ekans glare at him, not moving an inch. It was not certain if the paralyzing effect of the glare really had taken place or not, as Benny was highly immobile anyway. “Let’s finish this,” Henry said. “After that double kick they’re both weakened enough. One final blow should do it.” Andy nodded. “Ready yourself, Benny. Another harden might be a good idea.” “Nidoran, get ready to use your double kick, make sure to aim well.” The nidoran looked at Henry and nodded, turning around so his back was to Benny. “Double kick!” Henry's order was followed by a cheerful ‘tackle!’ from Andy. The trained legs of the Nidoran hit the hardened Metapod and launched him to the other side of the field, where he hit both the Ekans and Spinarak, who were standing next to each other. Benny rolled in the grass and the Spinarak and Ekans were knocked unconscious by the hit of the hard Metapod. Andy gave Henry a high five and congratulated him with a battle well fought, a compliment Henry immediately returned. The disappointed boys called back their Pokémon and promised they would win in a rematch. “Of course,” Henry said. “You’re free to challenge us anytime.” Andy walked over to Benny to pick him up. “Nicely done, I’d say it’s a pretty effective move.” The glimmering in Benny’s eyes showed how happy he was with the battle.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page