PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in The Alchemist's Lair

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > The Alchemist's Lair >

2022-01-26 - Art/bait shop? I've been debating starting a bait shop for a while, but I can't decide if I'd want people to pay for my time or if I'd do freebies/F2U (free to use). I don't think I'm reliable enough with my time to do commissions, so maybe I should do it as a "taking suggestions but will doodle what I want" kinda thing...or just make a post in my journal for my art? If I did a post in my journal for my art, I could also include my chainmaille, macrame, knitting... but then it's just one more place to update, and why not just use my Instagram which I barely do anyway xD But if I were going to do an art shop/bait shop, I'd probably need to decide if I'm only doing regular colours, or shiny/albino/melan as well. I'd also have to make sure I credit the albino/melan colours appropriately - I think they said I don't have to seek sprite permission, I just have to credit PFQ for the colour scheme (confirm this, maybe get screenshots) I also kinda wanna try doing baits digitally, since I got the great big pen tablet. Edit: 2022-02-15 I tried doing a Zentangle bait over a piece of Porygon art, and the results weren't as nice as I would've liked. My pen lines could've been a lot smoother. Still prefer traditional over digital, even if it means having to print out official art to trace and add my own touch to Edit: 2024-04-10 Realized I also have access to two different art programs now and photoshop does a much better job of smooth lines - maybe I need to learn to use it with the pen tablet instead of relying on PaintShop Pro for everything
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page