PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Hello all! Mocha already answered some questions but hopefully this little bit of information will make things a bit more clear~ Some things that I will post in here might already have been explained, so I am sorry for that but it helps aid to the entirety of the story. For starters lets look at the regular and shiny sprites of sawsbuck, they are both in the similar range of orange, with the regular a desaturated orange/brown (which is the base for the albino) and the shiny a saturated orange (which is the base for the melan). This will inevitably be transferred over to the albino and melan giving them a very similar range of colors. Especially with the regular being desaturated resulting in a somewhat darker albino, while the saturated shiny gives the melan a lighter look. We did look into the line again and have made adjustments, it might still not be as dark as people want it to be but we have to keep in mind the legibility of the sprite when it comes to shading and details. The main body of sawsbuck consists of hues of orange. These different hues are very readable as they are but when they turn into a different color they get more muddy and seemingly disappear into each other. There is no real set darkness/lightness we go for when it comes to the pokemon as it completely depends on the sprite and how well it behaves with different colors. As for why the blue was picked over a different color.. the short answer? From the options we made this set was voted on the most. For the long answer we have to look at the set entirely, as we have explained in the past all colors on the sprite have the same amount of jumps to another color. So if the skin/fur color gets a specific jump (lets go with a hypothetical 5 jumps for this case, those being red, pink,purple, blue to light blue) all the other colors have to make the same number of jumps in the same rotation on the color wheel as well. We often make a batch of different colors and then vote on what we like best visually. With a set like sawsbuck were different forms come into play, we also need to keep in mind that we can have repeat colors. This might work for some pokemon but certainly not all. So this often limits our usable palettes. Hopefully everyones concerns have been answered with this, if not please do let me know and I will try my best to help! But to make a long story short, we have seen your concerns and have tweaked the albino and melan line~
Melan Entei Hunt

Livedex: Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos/Alola/Galar
Code made by: me -- Image Credit(s)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page