PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #10 [All righty then!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #10 [All righty then!] >

Cerberus38's AvatarCerberus38
master.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If you don't specify them, people will choose for you. Someone may be on your profile interacting with your Pokémon, maybe see something cool and tell a friend "hey check out his Shiny Eevee" or whatever. People are going to refer to you one way or another. Even in real life, people need to mention you in third person. Why would you not want the freedom to choose that?
That's an interaction I would never see or hear about, so it wouldn't really matter (to me) how they decided to refer to me. Why would I not want the freedom to have the *choice* to put this on my profile or not? That's what it's about, having the *choice*, the *option*, whether or not I want that information on my profile. I get it, it's a stupid, silly thing to be hung up over and I apologize if I've caused any problems or come off as harsh or rude, as that wasn't my intention. Maybe I live under a rock, but this is the first instance I've seen where a game or server or something is requiring me to have my pronouns listed for all to see, and it just... makes me uncomfortable, because to me (I realize that's very narrow and specific and certainly doesn't apply to any or everyone else) that's personal information that I don't wish to share until I'm ready to do so. I'm sorry that I'm repeating myself and can't articulate this better, as it seems it's not working to fully explain how I feel.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page