PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Chronicles of Gaia (RP)

Forum Index > Other > Other RP > Chronicles of Gaia (RP) >

Aysu Llyr's AvatarAysu Llyr
Aislin blew out a breath, having to try and decide on what version she could say. She could just kinda repeat herself from what she had told Kuja, but on the other hand... This group here had seen enough advanced technology that she could probably get away with telling the flat truth. With that decided... Aislin took another deep breath, trying to psyche herself up for this. "Alright, sure, I'll tell you. But be warned, it's a lot less pretty than you might think. Also long. "A bit of background first: my world had a war between magic and science somewhere around three to five centuries before I was born. Unfortunately, magic lost, which meant things like wizards, dragon, and numerous magical things became only legends and folktales." A wry smile twisted her lips while she added, "While the Scientific Revolution- or the invention of the plow and other farm tools if you prefer, happened about...three centuries ago, we had surpassed steam two centuries ago." She shifted slightly and continued her lecture, "With the harnessing of electricity-bottled lightning we could convert into energy- things really took off. We began using it to power all sorts of things..." She gestures to the train around them. "Lights, trains, lots of things. The end result, around the time I was born, is what you see around you in this world. "What I said before about magic losing... that is true. There is no magic left. And well, the advent of more and more tools meant that we no longer had to spend all day working. In a word... we got bored and started making up games. With learning how to make technology smaller and more portable..." she produced the phone from her pocket, "We get things like small, long-distance communication devices like this one." Aislin stopped for a bit to let it sink in. Now that the background was done... it was time for the hard part. "The thing is, when I said we got bored? We started using that technology to create games to play. We simply called them video games, since they were played by using a screen to view them. They got... more elaborate over time, more detailed. A lot of us liked to play them, and there were enough different types to let everyone have something they like. I... I'm one of those who play them. A lot." She took a deep breath and put the phone away, beginning to twist coils of her hair out of nervousness. "I'm... I... the games I play... they're not real, in my world. No matter how well-known they are, we all know that they aren't real and never will be. But I liked to believe they were, so I began to call them worlds. Playing or reading about them became research in my head. And with my great memory, I could store a lot." She gestured to the train again. "But then I came here and discovered, they are real. All the legends, folktales, video games, everything. My belief was in fact the truth. I still don't know how I feel about that, especially since I recognized Kuja right off the bat- I've played the game that had his world as the setting. Same with Kudret, the Waddle Dee, and several others we've met." Aislin dropped her head to stare at her lap, feeling slightly shameful and a lot embarrassed/fearful. "So... there you have it, the bare truth. Obviously Rikazu's from a different version of Gaia 9 than what I played, as there was definitely no Mizuki there. Thankfully our Kuja also acts differently than the one I saw, or he'd be a lot more intolerable!" She tried for a bit of levity at the end, though the joke fell flat to her ears. ...At least she knew why her mind went to Blooming Flowers of the Void now, this was not the kind of thing anyone wanted to try explaining.
Avatar is made by Nightfury28. My Ponysona, Remembrance.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page