PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in A Shadow's Tale

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > A Shadow's Tale >

LoneShadøw's AvatarLoneShadøw
Probably not going to finish that, honestly I'm surprised I got that far... Anyway uh, finally going through what I hope will be last mass move on TH to get the rest of my older characters up (at least the ones that have some development or I still plan to expand). The art side's on pause 'cause the death of flash is really making it difficult to cross-check old refs and most of them need a design update anyway but I'm going to go ahead and get the profiles out of the way (and maybe work on 'all the meowths' some). Site-wise I switched over to tyrunt for dp and the next race but might switch again after it. Since I finally renewed by HM I want to get back to proper hunting but I also want to make sure I can keep arceus during the hunt; also need to decide what I actually want to hunt right now. Uh, hmm...that dev log's kinda heavy huh? Not that I mind, communication's important (even if I also fail at it half time), it's just an interesting trip down memory lane especially after last year. I've been around a while now (though not from the beginning) so PF really is an important part of my childhood. It's basically the only site I still regularly visit (though I have rejoined CS on the art-side) so I care what happens to it but I'm not going to stop it from growing in whatever direction works best. Most people are really short-sighted, they only care about the immediate impact and that's not always a bad thing but...stalling progress is not the way to protect something, especially a game like this. The foundational issues aren't as bad as PF1 but for any game to move forward sometimes they have to cut ties with the past, technology will eventually advance beyond what any old code can sustain and if anything hopes to survive it has to be willing to move on. Will it hurt? Sure but only for a little while, the real joy of playing a game comes from it's growth just as much as what it is. No one wants to let go of something they worked really hard for and in an ideal world they'd never have to but instead of focusing on that fear wouldn't it be better to do what you can to preserve it even if it ends up a little different in the end? If you can't trust the game's creator to make the right decisions for it then, why are you playing that game? Not that anyone's infallible, we're all human afterall, but the player's don't have access to the big picture and that's where the future lies. *sigh* Not really sure where I was going with that but I've had a lot on my mind lately, and...yeah just, I for one look forward to seeing where PF's journey goes from here...Kitty Out~
Journal 🐾 Shop 🐾 Avatar Credit
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page