PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

I don't know what I was expecting from a Mega Manaphy but this is not it. I'm not a fan of any of the new design elements, honestly. It looks unsettling and uncanny to me and all I can think of is the "They massacred my boy" meme. Not to be a negative nancy (more constructive criticism on the design is below), everyone has their own preferences, I just don't like it. I don't like the spikes on the head- why are those there? Are they supposed to be a crown? They look.. wrong. The head.. thingies. Antenna? Are way too thick at the base and make it look clunky whereas on the original Manaphy they're a lot thinner. I might like the head spikes/crown a little more if the head things were thinner and/or not positioned like that. The lack of arms makes the entire thing look off and would have gone for both arms and wings or just made the arms slightly more wing-like and not full-out wings. I don't know how to feel about the tail, either. I feel like the design may have benefited more from a Zoroark-like approach rather than giving it both its head things and a tail (make the head things long enough to look like a tail in the design). Or the Mega Mew approach where the tail was looped together, but for the head things. And making them longer to also combine with the Zoroark approach. Also the body shape.. Doesn't look like Manaphy. It's a little too rounded whereas Manaphy had more of a beanbag shape with its legs and I think that throws the design off a lot. For me its an Alomomola-Luvdisc situation where they look sort of similar but it doesn't look like itself anymore. Overall I just don't enjoy the design as a personal preference- I hope I didn't come off as rude and that I got my points across.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page