PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

MerpleSerple's AvatarMerpleSerple
grandmaster.pngss.png

bringing up abuse

Abuse seems to be a key part in why people want this feature, and abuse is an incredibly tricky subject. People are going to have different limits, and different triggers. Some may just see their post hideboxes, and be able to ignore it or do business without too much issue, and some may have to go offline for a while and recover. I feel we're currently testing everyones limits, and we need to find something that will keep people safe, without limiting others too heavily. I personally wouldn't want an abuser reading my journal, at all, but I could do business if I needed or wanted to.
I most likely won't be using this feature, as I keep to myself and anyone I'd want to block doesn't use this site, but I do want to keep as much accessibility as I can. If I were to be blocked, how much of an impact does it have? How many threads and trades would I be locked out of? Could I keep making offers in a strictly business sense, if that wasn't part of any confrontations? I mostly care about these aspects, as they would impact my experience the most, though I don't think I'd have to worry about it too much. I feel the best option for forums is hiding everything about a user, making it look just like a random user with the default avatar and "Blocked User" as their name, having a spam box for blocked pms, and hiding their text and such in hideboxes. I'd also consider having an option to flag separate threads you personally made as unviewble to blocked users, such as journals, auctions, and art threads, but not having it be automatic and unchangable. Thread locks already function in the same way, don't they? I'm very happy so far with how the basic gameplay seems to be, though! I haven't noticed any particular changes yet, though I suppose this is an evolving feature currently, so I'll still be keeping tabs on this thread regardless.
  • My Current Hunt
  • Type Race+Plans!
f.png2/226 hatched!s.png S: -k credits/- gp/- zc A: -k credits/- gp/- zc
v-psychic.png0 points this month!v-psychic.png Planned hunts: 0.png l.png v.png
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page