PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai
master.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Colorful

Personally, I don't think forums should be affected further then what they have been already, if it's a blanket situation. Having the person's post hideboxed is perfect for me. If they post on an art or trade thread of mine, I will have to (unfortunately) set up a DNC with them, in that instance. I think there's too many complications with how the forums are set up to really effectively implement what's being discussed right now. (Not being able to post in a person who's blocked you's thread). Having to factor in so many different things, like suggestion forums, typerace threads, contests, giveaways, joint trade shops, etc is just... quite a bit. If it's possible to look back on the "compromise" I made in version 2.0, then I'd be more willing to let forums be affected. If said compromise is possible and not a massive pain to figure out (or even impossible) then we would still have some fringe cases (like trade shops) to figure out, but it's more managable to think about then how many multiples of cases we were considering before.

Table of my ideas of forum threads that would and would not be affected

Forum categories that will not be affected; Form threads that will be affected;
Announcements & all subcategories Journals & all subcategories
Suggestions & all subcategories Trades & all subcategories
Help & all subcategories Battles & all subcategories
Bugs & all subcategories Pokemon RP & all subcategories
Discussion & all subcategories Pokemon FF & all subcategories
Guides Pokemon Art & all subcategories
Contests & all subcategories Misc. Pokemon
Clans Other RP & all subcategories
Other Clans & all subcategories Other FF & all subcategories
Form Games Original Fiction & all subcategories
Mature Discussion Other Art & all subcategories
Mature Clans Miscellaneous
-- Mature RP & all subcategories
-- Mature Fiction & all subcategories
-- Mature Art & all subcategories
-- Mature Journals
Hideboxes are fine in my opinion, as it is similar to what we have in the shared community discord server- it's one ended, doesn't stop someone from posting publicly. Also, thank you again Colorful for being very rational and understanding here and being one of the very few to not jump down my throat at any given opportunity. It's refreshing and I wish more people had your patience and compassion. Edit: @ Cyndalavision At this very moment of the feature's implementation, I'm okay. I'm fine. However people keep pushing for it to be stricter and stricter and that's what scares me. I don't want this to go any further than one sided and cosmetic. I'd rather be ignored than unable to ask in the first place. I'd rather climb halfway up mount everest only having to turn back, than be told im not allowed to even try.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page