PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Free CSS, Userscripts, etc

Forum Index > Other > Other Art > Free CSS, Userscripts, etc >

DrWho's AvatarDrWho
Hi! Someone asked me how the template works where you can navigate left and right with arrows. I'm not sure what the best way to explain it - if I explain it line by line it may be too dense to read. But if you'd prefer that kind of post I'll make it! I think I'll try to give a basic rundown of what's happening, and a very minimal, commented version of the CSS. I think that'll make it easier to try it out yourself and use it for your own templates. As always if you have any suggestions, questions or you get stuck please post and I'll try my best to explain.
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam placerat tempor felis vitae consequat. Donec at sapien sapien. Nulla lectus ipsum, ultricies id maximus eget, luctus id tellus.
Donec pellentesque ligula sit amet purus efficitur suscipit. Nunc nisi arcu, vulputate vel tortor et, volutpat malesuada lorem.
Etiam fermentum erat ac ultrices elementum. Ut at nibh justo. Vestibulum odio orci, sodales eu sapien et, consequat viverra risus.
Duis posuere sem enim, sit amet iaculis purus accumsan finibus. Proin ante arcu, ullamcorper a neque in, tempor ultricies metus. Donec at ipsum interdum, elementum mauris quis, efficitur dolor.
[sc=tabbed_interface horizontal] [ul] [li]One[/li] [li]Two[/li] [li]Three[/li] [li]Four[/li] [/ul] [sc=tab]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam placerat tempor felis vitae consequat. Donec at sapien sapien. Nulla lectus ipsum, ultricies id maximus eget, luctus id tellus.[/sc] [sc=tab]Donec pellentesque ligula sit amet purus efficitur suscipit. Nunc nisi arcu, vulputate vel tortor et, volutpat malesuada lorem.[/sc] [sc=tab]Etiam fermentum erat ac ultrices elementum. Ut at nibh justo. Vestibulum odio orci, sodales eu sapien et, consequat viverra risus.[/sc] [sc=tab]Duis posuere sem enim, sit amet iaculis purus accumsan finibus. Proin ante arcu, ullamcorper a neque in, tempor ultricies metus. Donec at ipsum interdum, elementum mauris quis, efficitur dolor.[/sc] [/sc] [style] /* ignore whitespace between elements */ .tabbed_interface { white-space: nowrap; &>ul>li, &>div { white-space: pre-line; } } /* reset styles */ .tabbed_interface, .tabbed_interface > ul, .tabbed_interface > ul > li, .tabbed_interface > div { padding: 0; margin: 0; background: none; box-shadow: none; border: none; border-radius: 0; } .tabbed_interface { --tab-height: 50px; --tab-width: 50px; & > ul { position: relative; min-height: var(--tab-height); /* previous tab */ & > li { position: absolute; height: var(--tab-height); width: var(--tab-width); background: black; color: white; } /* current tab */ & > li.tab-active { display: none; } /* next tab */ & > li.tab-active + li { left: 50px; } /* after the next tab */ & > li.tab-active + li ~ li { display: none; } } } [/style]

It is actually a .tabbed_interface. Usually when you click the n-th tab it takes you to the n-th page. We use CSS selectors to identify two special tabs:
  • The tab right before the current tab. This will be the left arrow.
  • The tab right after the current tab. This will be the right arrow
Note, you can't actually select the 'previous' tab - You'll have to select all the previous tab. You'll stack them and put them in one place, either using CSS grid or absolute positioning. That's your left arrow! Then you position the next tab as well - and that's it for a very basic version! If anyone wants I go on to extend the skeleton? Perhaps with the content boxes that go left and right smoothly, or the scrolling background?
Avatar by Kaelwolfur. Sent from my PokéNav
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page