PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Account Breach incident >

Mareep's AvatarMareep

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

[...] site does makes no sense because the buyer can just buy from the site. Seriously... why do people buy/sell ZC for PayPal when it's a bad deal for everyone involved?
To balance money. If I buy zc from the site to supply my hunts and then sell my extra melans or the currency I made from selling them, then I end up at zero or at least at less money spend. The same reason why people resell let's say books they've read. Sure thing, I payed 10 bucks for this and I sell it for 4, so I'm 'losing' money, but I'm not actually losing money. I got to read a book for cheaper than expected. People don't buy 100zc for £1 and then turn around and sell the same 100zc for $1 after all. At the end of the day the fact that a lot of people like this should be enough to show it's an important feature and a lot of people have opinions about this, even if you personally don't understand. Now to the main post. I'm really glad you guys (or just you?) caught this person, dealt with them and are trying to find ways to make things like this less likely to happen in the future. I think that's really important to keep things fair and enjoyable for the rest of the user base. I also think that there needs to be a balance between 'Making sure this does not happen again' and 'Making sure we don't take a lot of enjoyment away from the rest of the user base'. I know you always try to hit the sweet spot here and are willing to listen to us, which I really appreciate. Please don't make any decisions hasty and while (I assume, I know I have) having a lot of feelings about this. I know a lot of people will give their thoughts about RMT, so I want to touch on the online list. Personally I find that it's one of the most helpful qol features on here. There are a ton of reasons why it's been important to me to see (at least roughly) when someone has been online last. This mainly includes things like pm’ing mods, trades or raffles. Simply reporting someone does not help most of the time here. Unless there have been a ton of issues about this, I don’t think one person taking advantage of this, makes it reasonable to make away this feature for the rest of us. So, yeah, I hope you take some time to think everything through. Thanks for updating us on this
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page