PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in ACA*. An apology, and an explanation. BLM/LGBTQ+ Support

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > ACA*. An apology, and an explanation. BLM/LGBTQ+ Support >

Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Hello Pokefarm, I'm coming to you with a significant announcement that needs your attention regarding these current times. During these trying times, the world has finally come to terms with what's going on in regards to police brutality. The need for reformation due to an oppressive and violent system that was built on archaic values. As one can imagine with what's been unleashed - and rightfully so in regards to our law enforcement and etc. This is the use of 'ACA*' I will not fill in this acronym as those who are in the know-how know what this means. On PFQ, we updated our rules and tried to combat the usage of this acronym. We did it incorrectly. We were wrong to cite UK law as a reason to not use this acronym. Thus this is an apology and one that in my opinion, needed to be said yesterday as this shouldn't have happened in the first place. This is the new template that we will now be using;

QUOTE originally posted by System*

Hello there, It has been brought to Staff's attention that you had the acronym "ACA*" for "All Cops Are *" on your profile either as a trainer card message, in your About Me or part of your signature. While we understand wanting to support the current world views, this content breaks PFQ’s content rating as a child-friendly (G/PG) website. The swearing is the only reason, and we’d like to iterate that. Other things to write in name of support are: BLM/Black Lives Matter, End Police Brutality, Policestinky, Hold ALL law-breakers accountable, and so on. If you would like to discuss this further, or have any questions, etc, please let us know.
Note; the * will be removed to actually say the word in the template. We do this to be as clear as possible. Again, this should not have happened, the reasons we stated were incorrect, and that has been rectified. To anyone that has been offended and or hurt, this is a direct apology to you - but also a thread to clarify and educate. Now, does this mean you can use ACA* on our website? No. There is a reason why. The * missing letter is the reason why. The * word is an offensive terminology that is an old archaic world view from a time where women were oppressed and lost their lives due to a corrupt government/society who punished them for having a child outside of wedlock. The words history is part of the dark times for which we're supposed to be moving from, and it's still an issue today in some parts of the world. Please do not use it in any form or fashion. Thousands of lives were lost due to the laws and oppressive views that sprung up around having children out of wedlock. Women and children today are still being killed because of this. It's not child friendly, it's not 'anyone' friendly. Please do not use it. Now, does this mean you can't express your distaste with the police force? No, you can say what you will as long as it doesn't contain any content that isn't child-friendly or overly offensive. If you wish to say 'Allcopssuck', in your trainer card. Go for it. That's your opinion and you have a right to your opinion. If you received a PM regarding ACA* then I wish to apologise as the reasoning for its removal was wrong. The argument for why it should remain is due to the * word being something offensive and oppressive. -- Now, another point. In regards to having BLM in your trainer cards etc. This is perfectly fine, there is no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. In fact, if you have any movement hashtag support in your about me, trainer card etc., it's okay. We will only act if we see direct racism/offensive content. Example: #BLM #TransRights #LBGTQ+ #AllCopsSuck These are fine. People may not agree with your statement, but you have every right to say what you are saying. If someone challenges you for saying these things, you can report them if they do not drop it. We should be respecting of each other's opinions and not supporting the idea of an echo chamber. #MAGA is no longer allowed --- Finally - and this doesn't mean this is any less important. I want to say that PFQ supports the movement. I'm going to use this platform to broadcast petitions and what not so you can help the cause by signing petitions or donating. You don't have to if you don't want to. But there's a platform here, and we're going to use it. If you can and are willing, please check out this list;

Petition Links

If any of you have any more petitions, donation links etc, to help with the cause, then you can contact me through Pokefarm or Discord, and I will update this thread post. Other members of staff you can contact are Belial, Hootie, Amanome, Garthic and Eltafez. If you can help, please do! --- I leave with this, out of everything that has happened. Please remember Breonna Taylor, plenty of those who were brutalised by corrupt cops, oppressed and killed are guilty of no crime but the fact they weren't born with white skin. This case is as loud as any other, yet the outrage for it is so very little. Please look her up, see her story. This is why we need reform.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page