PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff > Nunka's Nonsense >

Nunka's AvatarNunka

Have I ever mentioned I really like D&D?

Okay so I haven't really been able to DM a game in over 6 years. I've been playing a game with a newly made friend over the last few weeks and they've really gotten me back in the mood for writing. I'd been kinda hovering on the Idea for a while now but it more or less sparked a bit more inspiration than I've had in a while. A few days before my last birthday on the 7th, I ended up getting the idea for a Campaign setting with a Basic plot idea so I've basically been on a rampage, creating Lore and setting up stuff that I could use. I set myself up so that I'd give myself a month to prepare things and then start running the campaign then. So far we're set to start on thursday the 2nd of July and of course I plan on streaming it to Twitch. I am stupidly excited, inspired and it's gotten me out of a funk I've been dealing with for the last few months that just took a turn for the worse the week of. It was actually quite nice... Itch.io was doing a Bundle for racial justice and equality so I donated pretty early on. I wasn't really thinking much except for "hurr hurr donate & help" so I hadn't really looked into what was in the bundle until a few days later and after they'd probably added a few things. But I was fairly surprised to find a few amazing sets of Assets for Top-Down Tilesets usually used for RPG Maker. ...And now I'm hopelessly addicted. I hadn't thought to use pre-made materials for my Map Building but the moment I saw them I knew what I had to do. I ended up finding and supporting a few other Artists that had premades as well as finding a few free sets that were made available. Just searching and finding stuff that works well together. I also got excited because it's a tile style that I can mimick fairly well if I need more variety or different objects that haven't been made. >w< Not the Best Makeup or Layout because I have no idea how to build a map BUT It'll work for D&D and I am just ///aaaahhh/// It's just got me on a roll that keeps building inertia. I feel clearer headed than I have in a while. Still feel like I'm losing my mind because I keep forgetting things or getting distracted but it's been a long time since I've really been inspired by anything that wasn't negative emotion. I looking forewards to continuing the game I've been in while providing my Current DM with an Outlet that he can have some fun in as well and see just where these players will take me. Maybe they'll take one of the pathes I'll present or maybe they'll kick and scream all the way in the opposite direction. So I admit, writing for the Campaign and Building the Maps has really kept be distracted from everything else since I got back home. Of course then I was talking to one of my upcoming players when I was on Twitch about the stuff and I sorta got inspired by how the Chaos I was making were moving... So I just sorta dragged one of my older Comms onto the Map Page just to test it. Oh god it just seemed to work uwu;; So I spent the rest of my Stream, after finishing up my List, making Generic NPCs. Basic Townfolk that you'd expect to see hanging around.
I had others I could have make on stream as well because basic enemy types but I ended up getting too sore in the back to continue sitting where I was and had to end it. But Now I'm even more excited. I had been debating on whether or not I should Draw my own NPCs for the game or just Drag & Drop roll20 assets but creating little pixel people to go with the pixel map just feels like a good route to go. Plus I can make like customs for special NPCs an hnngh excited. They're super easy to edit concidering I can just make a base for the species and then swap colours/change up the hair but so many plannzzz
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page