PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

timid's Avatartimid
Alright. I finished typing and went to submit this not seconds after Sei posted so there might be redundancies below now but; Not that I'm stamping my foot and demanding it be done NOW, because quite frankly, I don't care about Galarian Ponyta just like I didn't care about what I'm about to mention, but the last time I saw this much negative feedback on a sprite was about six months ago, when they did this to Vulpix. It was a drastic and unnanounced change and it made a lot of people upset. About the same amount of people who caused a hubbub about G. Ponyta. They still couldn't please everyone, of course, but they fixed that sprite in about two days. If so many people are upset about Ponyta, shouldn't it be made a priority? Why has it been almost five times as long? With the ones that need to be resprited altogether, like Sinistea, I certainly understand, but the "fixing" of the base sprite is so miniscule for G. Pontyta. It should boil down to a single recolor, essentially, if I'm not mistaken? With everyone saying that the highest priority is to make sure these sprites are high quality, complete and whatnot, before they're even initially released I just hope these fixes are being made priority, and the art team isn't simply moving onto the next drop and brushing this aside. I know that the criticism was likely very demotivating, especially with some people's attitudes about it this time in particular, but it seems like it effected the art team more than ever - understandably. A vast, vast majority of these new sprites have absolutely blown me away. They really have! But it does seem like this drop had... numerous issues. I hope that these designs aren't becoming rushed. It feels like perhaps this last batch might have been... not as ready as it could have been? The site can wait for things to be thoroughly reviewed and perfected, to avoid this sort of thing in the future. It's never possible to please everyone, but when something is ,,bad'' it seems to be a fairly broad consensus. That being said. I'm glad that our feedback is noticed at all, but please remember (as stated in the first page and in several places throughout the thread) that making highly specific color suggestions/fixes can actually be bad and limiting for the art staff as they can't "take" your idea and use it. I felt the need to repeat that because... yeah. Well, I rambled, now I'm gonna leave.
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page