PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle

QUOTE originally posted by Hayashi Rin

Reason for "consistency": Sei has already answered this, for those of you that missed it here it is. The reason for not just doing what looks good and going through so much effort making them "consistent" is to keep the sprites from being chaos - as in you have wacky potato-patterned Pikachu and suddenly a soccer ball Voltorb, then a regular Ditto. Bit of an extreme case, but gets the point across a bit.
I don't think anyone is asking for this level of wacky? Most of the complaints I see are from when the consistency formula produces something that just isn't as appealing as it could be (e.g. Galarian Ponyta's melan which I've thought would be a great time to break the "no more neon melans rule" but). Consistency is good to an extent; honestly some of the non-updated albinos and melans aren't great to look at next to each other. But there's solid palettes in there and people get upset when consistency demands those be totally changed. There's a cry for some kind of a balance, not chaos :v
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page