PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

cloudtail's Avatarcloudtail
both frezgle and nightmon have good points imo, if this process takes so long to complete in the first place it sounds like a miserable process. spending hours on a single sprite is (pardon lack of better phrasing) unecessary. the art team has full control of this situation, the way these sprite recolours are going is obviously not very optimal for the artists working on them. i dont think anyones holding you guys back telling you that X sprite needs to have the correct shade of yellow-green or everything will explode. forcing yourselves to work in this uncomfortably strict and time consuming method leaves little room for creativity. if you spend hours on something and get it live on site, only for people to nitpick the heck out of it... of course you're gonna be upset! but this is seemingly not a rare occurence. the rules of consistency are making you folk waste your time (again pardon lack of better words) trying over and over again to make things look right. even if the people who played and hunted these sprite recolours loved every single one of these sprite recolours, spending this long on them is still tiresome and probably very boring. i highly suggest you guys loosen the rules of consistency, if not for the sake of the people who actually hunt these sprites then do it for yourselves. also. i dont want to sound rude by saying this, but the rules of consistency (from what was described recently) sound like you are doing tone correction the hard way. which is like hue/luminosity/contrast/ect edits that you can have the coputer do for you (versus manually) btw for those reading this again, not trying to be rude or degrade your work but im pretty sure i could recreate the melan sprites in 2-3 mins with the shiny sprite and pure tonal correction. or atleast get it so close that only sall edits would need to be made. not saying your method is stupid or lazy but if the end product is almost identical to what it would be with tonal correction then why not just do that and get the sprite done in significantly less time? then if people dont like the sprite, you dont have to undo hours of work, only a couple minutes. it seems like a win/win situation to me. perhaps thats the lazy way out, but like i've said... spending hours on a single sprite people wont think mor ethan twice about is just unethical and (personally) reads as poor time management. i know that probably sounds harsh but thats just looking at it from a logical standpoint. i don't play anymore so please don't mistake me for someone who's just salty about my fave getting revamped or something similar. this is digital art, no one's gonna bash your head for using the tools that are given to you. a lot of artists alter the colours on their work. if you want to stick to a strict consistency pattern then i really think it would be better if you let the computer do it. not because you guys pick bad colours or cuz the computer does it better, but because its so much faster/will allow for quicker edits AND will help the situation were no one's insulting someone else's actual choices. the computer doesn't care what's pleasing to the eye, and neither does the rules of consistency. regardless of what the art team chooses to do, i strongly agree that something needs to change
i dont play anymore avatar art by me!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page