PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Acottontail's probally a journal

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Acottontail's probally a journal >

ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
Retelling of the Hellfire gym. Not exact words, but a lot of it is what Yinyun Giranite said
ACottontail walked through the desolate streets with her trusty partner Kaybre by her side. ACottontail was here for one reason. She had heard of a mythically hard gym called the Hellfire gym, which she knew would strech the limits of her battling skills. ACottontail knew she was skilled, but she had heard tales of the gym leader's legendary strength. ACottontail and Kaybre stayed close together, trying to calm each other's fears. They entered the building. ACottontail was abruptly sat down for a cup a tea. After listening the the gym leader she spoke, "I'm sorry about what happened to your town. But still, I've heard about your gym, and I've heard that your actually really strong. While I am a strong battler myself, I feared that you could actually beat me. I'm a quite a bit nervous right now, but, I would like to challenge the Hellfire gym." ACottontail held a pokeball to the air in her battle stance, her hand was shaking. The leader stared at her raised Pokéball, but simply remain where he was and sipped some more at his tea, which he obviously hadn't finished yet. "How brave." he finally spoke after the radio silence on his part. "Yes. To come here despite your fear of losing. Truly the prime definition of bravery." He drank the last remaining drops of his tea and sat the cup back on the table. He stood up and walked away from it, reaching for a ball inside his pocket. "And to reward such bravery... I must do my part by honoring you with a gym battle of the ages." He held out his arm with the Pokéball in his hand's grasp. "I will show you just how "strong" I am. I will show you just how "strong" my Pokémon are. I will show you..." he paused momentarily, looking right in to the trainer's eyes. "... the definitive future of my beloved town." And he threw out his first Pokémon. ACottontail saw that the gym leader's pokemon mostly consisted of fire and dark types. ACottontail nervously send out Korferno, a fire and fighting type pokemon that could hit dark types super effectively and resist fire type attacks. The gym leader send out Hugh Mungus. Korferno let out a flame thrower. Quickly Hugh Mungus slammed Korferno in the chest with a venomous claw. Korferno lit himself ablaze to fend off the attacker but the poison seeped in deeper and deeper. Korferno let out a scream as the two pokemon were engulfed in flames. A moment latter the flames died down. Hugh Mungus stood victorious. Round 1 xx VS ACottontail's heart sank a little. ACottontail knew the gym would be tough but she was really wishing Korferno would have done more. ACottontail panicked and shifted through her pokeballs. She really needed a good ground type or something. Her hand passed over the pokeball of a Sandile. ACottontail didn't finish training her up yet, but it could still work. ACottontail sent out a small Sandile. "Here, want some Gummis?" Sandile looked confused at first, but happily accepted the treats. "Okay, it's the time you've been waiting for. Evolve Sandile!" Sandile was shocked. Her time had come so suddenly. Sandile was covered in a brilliant glow and emerged a Krookodile. Hugh Mungus remained out. It was Krookodile's time to shine. She used the first ground type move she could think of, earthquake. Hugh Mungus lunged forward with a poisonous claw but Krookodile batted him off. Krookodile made another earthquake with even more force than last time. Round 2 VS xx "Good job Krookodile!" said ACottontail. Krookodile looked quite pleased that she won her first battle. ACottontail was glad that she won a battle but the pressure was still on. ACottontail saw how the gym leader reused the pokemon he just used. ACottontail assumed he would think she was about to do the same. ACottontail knew the gym leader had a fighting type that could take out Krookodile. ACottontail decided to send in Pateryx as his flying typing could take out fighting types and his rock typing could beat fire types if the gym leader decided to use one. To ACottontail's surprise Coqui stood on the other side of the battle field. Pateryx soared into the air. Coqui shot a flamethrower into the sky. Pateryx swept down raking Coqui with rock hard claws. Round 3 VS xx ACottontail was surprised. She expected this gym to be much harder. She looked at the leader's potential megas, and she knew who to use. Maxie, who was super effective against two of the gym leader's mega's and resisted fairy type attacks. Blazin' Jane was on the other side of the battle field. Blazin' Jane lit up the battle field with inferno but Maxie just shook it off. Maxie raised his front hooves then slammed them into the ground. A powerful earthquake shook the gym. Round 4 VS xx The shock the gym leader felt caused him to fall silent as he watched the Pokemon he sent out faint, at least more than the person who fought him. "Huh..." he said to himself. "Not bad at all... Maybe you can..." As you returned your Pokemon back, the leader began walking towards ACottontail. "I have to say, I wasn't expecting that. But, you proved me wrong in secretly doubting your power prowess. Well done to you, trainer." Putting his hand in to his robes, he pulled out the tea kettle. ACottontail didn't see him put the kettle in there, but to be fair, she weren't exactly focused on it. He opens the top, and drops the badge from the kettle in to your hands. Despite the drops of tea that are covering it, you can still see your reflection in the shine. ACottontail was in equal shock. The gym she had been looking at for a while, the gym she felt like she had a serious chance of losing at, went down so easily. ACottontail thought she would have had to try a lot harder than that. She finally realized the badge in her hand. She smiled, but then she realized it was covered in tea. She dried off the badge and her hand on her pant's leg. "I remember the first trainer I gave that badge to. It was this bright, young lady who expertly "swept" me with her Hydrinifor. Despite her superior skill, she remained kind to me even afterwards. She even gave me a Pokemon to raise if I ever wished to use Electric type Pokemon... I wish I remembered what her name was." He stared down again, just like he had earlier. But instead of the aura of depression you had felt coming off of him, he began giggling with quickly evolved in to laughter. "It's fine though. I'll see her again some day. I can feel it deep within me." He nodded in confirmation; not to ACottontail, but to himself. ACottontail could tell he didn't get many challengers here anymore. Why wouldn't he though? The gym was set up in loving detail, and the pokemon there looked pretty strong. Then she realized the latter probably scared off a lot of potential challengers, like herself for a while... But despite the loneliness, he still had much to tell. He went on and on about his life up to this point, and all the different challengers he faced. It was almost like he was talking to ACottontail like she was an old friend he was catching up with. ACottontail tried to listen closely but had trouble keeping her mind from wandering from time to time. After he finished with his stories, he let out one final laugh. "Oh, I needed that." he sighed, raising his hands inside his robe and wiping at the tears you believed formed in his eyelids from the laughter. "Don't get me wrong. Tenkanstar is an amazing person, and battler. But, that doesn't change the fact that I also like to meet new people, you know? But I simply can't just leave this place, putting Tenkanstar in charge of everything. They couldn't take care of all this by themself, not that I do a very good job of that already." He took a look around the gym as he said that. "But, that's our problem, not yours. You should probably get going, as it's getting quite late." After he finished the sentences, the floor began slowly dropping down to the larger arena as the staircase folded up on it's own. "Thanks for the battle. This place is pretty nice despite the fact it is a bit run down." ACottontail started to make her way down the stairs. "Do please come back again! I'd love to have a rematch some time!" he called out to you as you passed the waving Tenkanstar and neared the curtains. "But if you don't, then please... don't forget about us..." ACottontail smiled and started crying a bit. Don't forget, a motto she lived by. To let others fall to such an awful fate a being forgotten disgusted her. ACottontail didn't think she could forget the gym, after all the research and self prep she did before taking it on. ACottontail hoped that she would one back one day before the gym closed, and have a rematch.
So that was the Hellfire gym.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page