PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Changelog

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Changelog >

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

QUOTE originally posted by DemiDanni

"I think the pokefarm community should give something back since we're asking for more transparency and thats patience and not resorting to jumping the gun when changes are made, criticism? Fine and good, but blaming the staff for necessary actions or changes and saying mean things to them? Not so much." Yeah we do give something back--our money, lol.
okay, big woop, we give pokefarm money, not that its a competition but i can garuntee that i have invested muuuuch more money into this silly little site than the average player. I noticed a few other players who are big spenders like myself also react calmly towards the news of the minisprites being broken. The least a user that enjoys this site could do is give the staff some respect, there are tons of f2p players here so 'we give them our money lol' is a dumb thing to mention lol. What i cant comprehend is thinking that a team of volunteer artists that were being harrassed is less of a deal than a small site function being removed. yes, people went 'oh jeez thats serious, but stiiiilll couldve told us' when garthic explained what happened, but garthic was asleep when this was brought to niets attention so niet was upset and the art staff were upset, he did what he could considering the circumstances, maybe the situation had him so upset he considered making it a permanent change?? know, like give an inch and take a mile? so Niet just took away the inch. I don't know, id feel that way if entitled users went to my volunteer art staff and made them feel incompetent.... also I think i might be reading in between the lines too much but it really seems like what niet did was simply a band-aid for the issue, no minisprite preview? no artists getting un asked for messages. Garthic can explain later. He literally said ' wait, garthic will explain' yet im just reading tons of aggressive posts that jump the gun, and again with the speculation. Anyways, im done here, peace out, have fun.
Yes, I also have contributed my own money to the site. Big woop, some of your friends who pay for ZC or whatever reacted calmly. Well, guess what, some reacted in a more critical manner. Is it not reasonable for me to be irritated when they make changes in such an immature manner, not realising they run this site basically to profit? If I'm paying money towards a thing I usually expect it to be run competently--and by and large, Pokéfarm certainly is. If they make changes I dislike or implement them in ways that I do not like, I should hope I am well within my rights to criticise the change or the handling of the change. Calling users like us "entitled" for reacting negatively to something that was genuinely not handled well is pretty scummy and a lower blow than any of the criticism anyone has made about this. EDIT! I realise this was about harassment of art staff, but my point stands if anyone was to make this point about the reaction to the update.
Avatar: Official (Project Sekai)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page