PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!] >

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

Is there a way to set up a toggle for making About Me's visible, similar to mobile compact mode? I understand (and have said to others) that they were/are a major source of lag when multi-clicking users - but you had already put in a 'pre-load' feature way back for next parties (as with next fields), so those with fast enough devices (tablet, PC, newer phones) did okay. I ask because Most of my social connect, helping others, finding neat people, shops, art and threads comes from glancing at users About Me while clicking through (then stopping and reading the ones that catch my interest). And those things I listed are a HUGE part of my enjoyment while (over)playing this game - despite the obvious joys/benefits of mindlessly clicking for hours as well (not sarcasm - it really helps some days) xD (Note: I do not use nor have ever used user/custom CSS's, thus play the game as it's designed/arrives straight from the Server - at various times on a PC, tablet and mobile Tab). <Edit: I have almost never been drawn to explore connecting with a user based solely on something on their Trainer Card, certainly not while mass clicking anyways. Particularly with those Trainer Cards having enough information on them to possibly do so being such a tiny font size :P>
def. agree with this one! I like seeing people's about me's because I usually find their shops/journals/whatever through there! They're also just neat to look at sometimes; a lot of people on this site are really good with codes and know how to make stuff look awesome! I know that this was kinda addressed and that you can put a link to whatever you want to link in your trainer card, but that seems... I don't know the right word. Could be cramped perhaps? If you wanna put a link, and a description for the link (ex: shop [link]), and THEN put a message on top of that, it can be a bit...much. And even then, imagine if you wanted to put more than one link in there! Me, personally, I don't even try to read someone's TC if the text gets small, so I think it would be cool to have the option to see someone's about me while clicking rather than just turning it off altogether. This is just my opinion though. I do like the new mobile config because it makes clicking parties way faster! 5 mins over 15 mins will win every time.
I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page