PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!] >

Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
[question] In the previous log discussion you mentioned that you are working on a solution to the party-clicking issues (here). Is that still happening, is there further information on that? Or were you referring to the idea/changes in the new site that are going to be brought here? It seems that most of the complaints now are related either to lag or to hand/wrist pain. This suggestion addresses the issue of hand pain and needing to move the mouse around. Relating to the lag, I hope Doom (aka Dom the server guy) solves those issues because it gets really bad around server reset, regardless of how many users are on. More users makes it worse, but it's still bad with 500 people - worse than when there are 500 people online earlier in the day. All the other complaints I'm seeing (the equality/usefulness of party-clicking, changes to mass-field clicking, etc.) seem to be either false or just personal preference.
I'd like to comment on the ideas about transferring between PFQ and the new game: I think it would be a really bad idea. If this is supposed to be a new website, a new game, then it needs to start from scratch, continue independently, and not be influenced from sources outside its own mini-world. I understand that it is supposed to be within the same Pokefarm universe, but creating a link between the two will cause huge problems in the future regarding currency, market values, trades, and who knows what else. Garthic stated that this transfer wouldn't happen for a while and would only include pokemon, but IMO it shouldn't happen at all. Let's say that you play PFQ and have 5 fields of shinies and albinos that you want to transfer over. Possibly to sell, possibly to complete missions with, idk. That basically ruins the entire gameplay of the new game. And if you are going to sell them (not sure if that will be an option, but bear with me), then the market price will crash because of the new huge supply. There are ways to avoid this happening (once-per-user transfer, limited use in the new game, etc.) but it still doesn't sit right with me.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 3480
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page