PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in A Shadow's Tale

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > A Shadow's Tale >

LoneShadøw's AvatarLoneShadøw
All this panic over the reboot (or the sequel or whatever) is really starting to bug me and comparing it to PF1 is honestly ridiculous. The current proposal doesn't even compare to PF1 (or its eventual shutdown), when PFQ was announced the intention from the beginning was to close PF1 because it was no longer viable. True they left PF1 up for a good while but it was never meant to last (remember the random deletion from that unstable code? I lost a 'mon to that as did any others that couldn't be replaced because they no longer existed, yeah we've come a long way since then). Sign-ups for PF1 closed and the site could no longer grow, that's what led to the steady collapse not some new game. There's no reason two games can't exist side by side and both stay viable as long as the code is stable (which PFQ is, it might me a bit of a mess but that hardly compares to the experiment that was PF1), I mean GPXPlus and other similar games exist so why should this be any different? On top of that I really can't understand this random flipping back and forth among users, first you want information as soon as possible and then you whine because it's not 'enough' and everyone's fussing for more and throwing out random theories with no basis instead of actually asking questions and waiting for answers. That's exactly why the reboot couldn't work, if you're not willing to lose any progress then there's really no point. Time would be wasted making the two compatible instead of actually expanding either one (and fixing them as needed) on top of that the idea for turning PFQ more story-based was also shot down because no one likes change. So what is this new proposal? Taking those story-based ideas and creating something new and unconnected to PFQ so everyone can be happy from my understanding anyway. Which honestly sounds great, I've always enjoyed the story side and really missed those quests from PF1. And hey if I get bored or stuck on a 'story' I can pop back over to PFQ for some mindless clicking. That's really just an example though, without more information we can't really know what the future holds and that's never been a reason to panic before so why this? Anyway that got long, I'm gonna mute the dicussion for a while so I can actually focus on my fanfic (picking back up my Digimon one to try and finish out) and stop stressing over this needless panic. And finish evolving and cleaning my WF fields between hunts and Galar releases, Kitty Out~
Journal 🐾 Shop 🐾 Avatar Credit
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page