PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on the "Reboot" >

I've got a free hot minute right now so I'll throw something up while I have the time to do so! I saw a question about why the site is still in "Beta" - that would be because Perpetual beta (wiki page) is indeed a thing, and the site fit the criteria for it. The reason for the coming change is that we've not really pushed out any new features, the main things focused on are sprites and the general releasing of new lines, some such colour updates (which I do want to discuss with staff when I'm back home - for reference, since it's pertinent to the conversation, I get home on the 17th, early morning. I don't expect to be fully functional until the following day) and mostly quality of life updates / changes to mechanics already in place. Just to note, in case it's a concern, bringing the site out of Beta doesn't mean much beyond "we consider this to be an acceptable point to say 'it's something we feel comfortable 'releasing' ". There'll still be releases of Fakemon, events, etc. - effectively, what we've decided is the best course of action is to, I guess, take on a bigger workload. For us, at least - not for those who are working so graciously alongside us as we struggle to figure out what, I'll be real, is a minefield. In part, of our own creating - that's something I feel should be readily and *strongly* acknowledged. I know this reply in and of itself doesn't answer some questions that have been posed, but I want to be clear in saying that was not the intention of this post. When the next update comes along, the aim will be to go through this thread and answer those queries - while we have engaged actively in threads in the past, in hindsight, it has led to a lot of repeat questions, repeat answers and not much in the way of understanding, and that's the core issue I think we need to work on. Using an on-going thread where the information given is in-between pages and posts can leave some missing the information, at which point, people are no longer on the same page, which I think has been a somewhat ongoing problem. It certainly is one way to handle it, but I don't think it is a particularly effective one looking back at it. I think if we maintain relatively frequent updates (even if they're short) and answer the queries from the last updates on those new updates, then when they are read each person will be on the same page. The information will no longer be hidden in 'this thread', on 'this page', in 'this post'. I want to finish this off by just saying that we are reading and considering the suggestions put forth by those who have voiced both their concerns, and general thoughts on the matter - we are utilising what is said to offer further consideration as to how we may open up avenues of communication in the coming future, which we aim to 'start' shortly after I get home. I'm not certain how to close this out right now as I'm nursing a bit of a headache. I'm going to lay down for now, I hope you all have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening/night.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page