PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on the "Reboot" >

RèÏSÉñ's AvatarRèÏSÉñ
Alright, my two cents (well dollars cause this post got way longer than I thought it would) Just like other people on the site, I was iffy with the reboot at first till my boyfriend insured me it would be ok. He even showed me what mod (Belial, I think?) had said off site to the discord group chat being as this site needed a reboot badly and there would be two sites. I feel like Cynda and many others have made many great points because the first the post of the reboot was vague at best and this upset people because thought they were going to loose their progress and we as players didn't like that. Also Niet said this reboot was needed because of the coding, and after all the lag and other issues I've seen I was all for a fresh start.. provided we had the ability to keep our melans/specials. With the negative reaction that was widespread at the time of the announcement of the reboot, I had some serious mixed feelings as to if this was actually going to go off without a hitch. After all, even triple A game companies have bugs in their codes so I was pretty worried I'd end up losing many of the things I gathered over the years. Then I hear about how we aren't having any events because the team is hard at work coding the new site. Amazing, I'm so psyched, right?! Now we find out they are not and we are at square one again. Another thing that I'd like to ask is how are we still in beta? I know it's pretty common for games to be in beta for most of their life, but many sites are only in beta for about a few months to a year or two at most then their up and running smoothly. With the money players put into this site, (including the amount I put in which is far more than I planned on spending I should add) this game should be way out of beta. The vague wording you're using in your announcement doesn't help much either. 'Misjugded the situation?' 'Working on something else?' Weekly updates would be great, but after months of waiting I think we could use a few more details. I'm no coder by any means but I would feel a bit more at ease if you said something more specific like 'coding is taking longer than we thought, but we're planning x for the new site!' Giving us an idea what you're planning for the site in the future would put me at ease. At least then I know that when I put more money into this site it's going to improve the site. I've been burned by games before that took my money and ran so to speak. Now I want to be optimistic, don't get me wrong. I want to assume Niet and the mods have great plans for the site, we'll move to a better site and have all kinds of cool features and be able to host like 5000 people if needed. As it is our reboot is sheleved and now we don't know when it'll be brought back. We still have the site as is, yes. We can still hunt specials to our heart's content on a site that lags when there are over 500 people on. Since the reboot is it too much to ask for an attempt to make the site we have run a bit smoother? Another small thing that came to mind is people I've talked to mentioned we don't have down time anymore. Is that really true and if so why is that? I know it's a bit off course but it's making me wonder if all our data is being backed up. Again I'm no coder but I would think theres a reason many sites do nightly maintenance and I don't want some diasaster to wipe out months of progress. I'm not saying it will happen, but I've seen it happen on other site based games. At any rate, I do also want thank the staff for their hard work. I'm just hoping these weekly updates prove more enlightening.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page