PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on the "Reboot" >

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

I would ask for patience, it's not exactly easy to come forward and explain why your passion project is shelved, it takes a lot of sitting back, thinking and coming to terms with it. Remember, this isn't just a job for Niet - it's a hobby, something he loves. This was pretty big for him. Beyond that, Garth is also spending time with his wife - he's on holiday and I think that earns him a little reprieve while he lives his life, it's not every day you can travel across a great distance to be with someone you love so dearly! Anyway, sit tight. It will come.
To be quite frank, this has little bearing on the fact that there was not enough transparency on what was happening, never mind not realising that perhaps dropping big news and being silent on that afterwards was a bad idea. Fortunately, Niet himself has realised the need for more transparency (and I'm truly grateful for that, this site sorely needs it). We shouldn't have to bear in mind real life events after *6 months* of no updates on the reboot, only to be told it's been shelved while a big chunk of the userbase has gone from the site. (I'm also in a long distance relationship btw and I wish people could treat me the way your post has when my partner visits me). It's all nice and well telling us to take pity on them but there are also real life people here who pay good money every day towards the site--but I haven't exactly seen people extend this sort of "uwu but they have real lives too!" attitude to other users unless its the mods. I do respect the mods et al have lives too, but sometimes the reaching people will do to defend bad decisions is ridiculous. As someone else suggested, perhaps hiring someone to relay weekly/biweekly updates would maybe help. But whatever the conclusion they arrive it for this issue is, I am willing to trust that it is the right decision. I'm also willing to come back to the site now, if only because for the first time in a while, I have faith in the mods that they are going in a direction I like, and that they are actively looking into the site and its issues. I don't wish to act like I'm only trashing the mods. They've done great things for the site obviously, we wouldn't be here without their hard work. And initially the idea of doing a reboot was pretty solid considering what has been mentioned about the maze of code this site runs on. We've also seen a lot of dedication and love put into the events and also into the new mons we get, and that can't be ignored. However, I don't want people to be telling us "patience, patience" when this sort of thing happens and to expect us to factor life elements in when said elements honestly...don't have much bearing on the site and its various issues.
Avatar: Official (Project Sekai)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page