PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Chronicles of Gaia (RP)

Forum Index > Other > Other RP > Chronicles of Gaia (RP) >

Morzone's AvatarMorzone
grandmaster.pngb.png
Rowan scrambled back and forth, trying his best not to fall over the uneven ground, an event that surely would have spelled his doom. The angel's frantic struggling came to end with the aid of Kahlua, who suddenly appeared out of the corner of Rowan's vision and smashed a heavy looking hammer into the side of the monster's head. Taking the opportunity as it came, he hurried up and away to a more secure position. Juding by the monster's ability to extend his neck Rowan was still very much in its range, but with Kahlua there to keep its immediate focus, Rowan could focus on support. Drawing another arrow, the angel knocked and took aim for the head kahlua was wrestling with. Breath in, breath out. He didn't want to rush it and hit his new friend. "Tuhoa Varjot!" As Rowan released the arrow it began to glow, appearing more as a ray of light than a flying projectile, though strangely it cast no shadows as passed down the cave. The ray struck the beast's temple, searing through until it blasted out the other side and smashed into the rocky wall beyond, leaving a sizable hole in the beast's head.Rowan would be quite impressed if the thing was still alive after that. It was just about then Rowan became aware of the strange mechanical roar that was the foreman's killer robot-mech blasting a head with a heat death ray. The angel blinked at the thing in surprise, somewhat taken aback by just how much it looked like it'd popped out of a comic book. Still, it had no doubt been effective. There was only one head left now, but at this distance its wild neck movement made it too unlikely for him to hit. SO instead Rowan turned toward something he knew he could hit: the bulbous blob that was its main body. Some pain and damage to its center should confuse the head well enough to make it an easier target, if Ama or that foreman could finish it off the thing would be a sitting duck. "Tuhoa Varjot." Rowan fired off a second ray of light, this time sending it burning into the center of the monster's bulbous body. A sizable hole of burnt flesh remained once the light faded.
Laura let out a slow sigh, staring up at the open sky above them. 'What do you think about all this Aislin had asked her, but what was she thinking? Certainly plenty of memories were coming back to her. Nighttime conversations, the feel of feathers between the bars, stories of treasures across a hundred worlds. She could remember how happy she'd been, how happy Rowan had been. If she helped Aislin, helped her save Rowan, would they be happy like then? Was that what she wanted? No, she didn't want that. Not for Rowan, as things were she would not let the angel have that again. But... what of Aislin? Could Laura hurt her as well to hurt Rowan? Aislin's words floated back to the front of Laura's mind: 'All of you are so precious to me, I don't want to lose any of you. Tch, why couldn't this be like all those other times she'd strung people along? Those fools who'd worn their hearts on their sleeves, who took good times and good people for granted. Aislin's feelings were no doubt the real thing, but Laura knew Rowan had betrayed similar feelings before. Wouldn't it just end up the same way? Wasn't that already happening? Aislin didn't deserve to feel that kind of pain, yet Rowan didn't deserve that kind of happiness. Perhaps a chance to fix things then. Laura had promised herself that Rowan would not die until he had felt all the pain she had felt. Yet here the angel was, brought to rock bottom by this world. If there was any time to give Rowan a chance to prove he wasn't the person he'd been all those years ago, wouldn't it be now? "You have a chance." Laura spoke, bringing her gaze back down to Aislin's eyes. "Rowan's been brought down to rock's bottom, but you have a chance to reach him. It's a slim one though, I'll be honest. I won't really be able to help at all, but I guess I can give you some advice." Laura poked Aislin in the chest, right over her heart. "First things first, don't try to understand all of your feelings. It's not something you can do unless you've lived your whole lifetime through with them. I can tell yours are the real deal though, so all you gotta do is trust your emotions not to betray you. If all you do is focus on getting through to yourself, you're going to miss your chance to get through to Rowan. It's a leap of faith, alright?" The siren straightened up again, holding up two fingers. "Second thing. You have to see the future you want to be in. I know what's going through your mind. You're asking yourself what you could have done, should have done, what you can do now. Most all of it doesn't end well though, does it? It all just comes back around to that dream, with you sitting helpless and alone while Rowan disappears. All that is proof of how much you care for him, and you care a lot. You don't need to believe you'll make it, but you need to be able to see the happy ending through all those other possibilities. If you can bring yourself to see it, to know how things should be, you'll be able to grab hold of any opportunity that might come your way to make it true. "Third thing... well I guess this one isn't really advice. More like just making sure you understand how high the bar is that you have to reach. Rowan's on the edge, you've seen it yourself. He's running out of things to live for. If you want to keep him from falling off that cliff there only way is to give him something to hold onto. You only have one thing to do that with though, and that's you. You have to convince him to live on for you, and you'll have to bear that weight. You've clearly been through a lot, probably been brought pretty low before, but now you're dealing with someone even lower than you are. You'll have to be the strong one this time around, and if you waver under that weight, one of you just might lose your grip on the edge of that cliff." Laura let out another slow sigh, catching her breath before continuing on at a softer tone. "It's a lot of pressure, I know, but I wasn't lying when I said you have a chance. Your feelings for him are true. I can tell, I used to feel the same way toward him." Laura looked away at this point, but continued speaking. "It was a long time ago when I first had those feelings. I've known Rowan for a long time. I know how he's lived most of his life, the people he's known, the worlds and places he's been too, before this world. I don't know if knowing any of it would help you right now though. It may just add more noise to your thoughts. So I'll leave it up to you if you want to ask me about it, or if you want to go hear it from Rowan himself. That's really all there is to it, in the end. Find out who he really is, and show him who you really are. Maybe there's a truth you can both old onto somewhere between all of that." Laura fell into a silence that stretched on for several seconds. "Come on, let's go get those items. If you take too long the others will show up and start asking what we were doing." The siren began walking down the path again, was slower than it had usually been.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page