PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Chronicles of Gaia (RP)

Forum Index > Other > Other RP > Chronicles of Gaia (RP) >

Aysu Llyr's AvatarAysu Llyr
Kudret's notes continued: Rikazu is highly resistant to illusion magic. Went to Madain Sari, a summoner village for a jewel. Summoners: able to conjure into existence creatures both human and animal from other planes, takes concentration to do so. Greeted by Mizuki's mother and allowed to stay. Seth was attracted to Mel (presumably), held off on collecting jewel. Rikazu interacted with Mel during months that followed while Mel and Seth started dating. Kudret paused at the butterflies comment, having to think for a moment before understanding came and he continued to write. Rikazu also felt attracted to Mel during that time, wanted to stay with her. Eventually Mel asked Rikazu if she could trust Seth; he said trust your instincts. Seth came back furious afterwards; Mel had broken up with him. Seth decides to go through the plan, Rikazu no longer wanted to. Presumably fallen in love with Mel?
Kahlua slowly nodded at her words, and then resisted the urge to facepalm when Rowan drew out his bow. Exactly what part of delicacy did this angel not understand? Granted, Kahlua likely would have done the same if he had a weapon, but his claws weren't going to be much use at all. Thus the only course left to him was... The cat began walking aorund this outer room where a few men still worked, giving out various lies in hushed whispers that were designed to get them to leave the mines briefly to check things on the outside. Kahlua noted that his nerves only increased the closer he moved to the last of the current sections here, thus steered clear until he absolutely had to go into the pit. ...He was extremely lucky Tomas had seen fit to teach him how to lie effectively, even more lucky that telling them some supplies were sitting just out of sight from the entrance to the mine was enough to get most of them to leave.
They had thankfully reached the base of the mountain when Laura answered her question. Aislin stopped walking then, trying to both force emotion away and yet using it to trigger the appropriate memory. It was rather complicated to explain, but it meant she could trigger a recall of the memory needed to explain, though she often worked better with written reminders. Nevertheless... Aislin took a deep breath and began: "When I fell asleep, the feathers were the first thing I saw. I looked around to find myself in a long, stretched out corridor, and the feathers were smeared along the walls with blood, or following a blood trail that continued in front of me. I began walking, moving past Ricardo who was playing a mournful tune, Kudret who gave me a disappointed stare, Kuja who did the same, and then Rikazu who said he thought he could trust me. By this point I could hear someone apologizing, 'There's nothing I could do, I'm sorry!'" She quoted the last bit, and then continued, "After trekking through a small pool of blood, I came upon Mizuki who was crying. She... she asked for forgiveness for failing me. I found out why moments after I moved past her; I had reached the end of the corridor and the source of the feathers: Rowan." A tear dripped down, and Aislin did her absolute best not to do anything more than that. It would be hard to talk through sobbing, and she wasn't keen on experiencing that. "Feathers, blood, flesh, and bone littered the floor and walls. He had ripped his wings off and shredded them; but Mizuki couldn't heal him. I'm pretty sure that meant he didn't want to be saved. I went over to him and he seemed rather happy to see me, and I told him I cared about him, of course I would come. He told me I should be more worried about myself, since he was dying. I asked him why, and he-" Aislin cut herself off as she felt the sobs rising up. Hurriedly she stashed her glasses into the coat's pocket to freely wipe at her eyes. It took a minute or so for the sobs to be suppressed enough to speak again. "He said that he hates this world, and hates himself, and hates how much it can take just to get through the day. So he destroyed one source to make sure he couldn't hurt me or anyone else with his hate, and the second source, himself, would be gone soon. I asked why he didn't say anything and he asked me who would listen? Me? I... got a little desperate, foolish maybe after that even if he apologized for that statement. I ended up holding his hand and pressing my back against his, I can still feel how the blood began soaking in...!" Aislin stopped once more to wipe at her eyes. She hadn't moved since the beginning, but she was trembling, wrapping her arms around herself to try and keep steady. She stared at the floor, refusing to look at Laura. A few more deep breaths and she finished, though haltingly. "I didn't want him to leave, and I declared that out loud. He refuted that, and when I turned to look at him all of it: him, the feathers, even the blood was disintegrating into yellow light. He told me goodbye and that he hoped I had a good life, and then vanished entirely, the lights disappearing the next instant. So I was left there in a dark corridor, with only a wetness on my back and my feelings to show he had ever existed. That was when you woke me up, Laura." Aislin did her best to will away the sorrow, her breaths quick and shaky when exhaled from the force of holding back the sobs. Rowan wasn't dead, not yet. She still had a chance to turn things around. After a few minutes, she gave a wet laugh. "Do you know what I did yesterday, Laura? I pulled on his wings. He was being stupid, trying to hurt Seth when we needed to leave. The look on his face... It took all his power not to hurt me right then, but I didn't care. He got on the chocobo and we all got away, that's what mattered. Then... I started writing an apology, trying to explain myself, but then I stopped to help the mages with Mizuki and he must have spotted it and read it while I was distracted." Aislin didn't think trying to explain about the mindscape was relevant. "I don't know his recation to reading it, but he came back with the letter later and put it back where he had found it. I called out to him after he had set it down and then... The cold way he treated me... It felt like I was being torn apart." Aislin shook her head at the return of that feeling. "I know well the feeling of hating yourself, but that... I don't know what that was. I just, I don't know, and that's... scary." Aislin was trembling again; she couldn't seem to stop herself anymore. If Laura tried pushing at all, she'd likely spill even more and halt their journey entirely. Or at least, halt it for a several minutes until she got back under control.
Avatar is made by Nightfury28. My Ponysona, Remembrance.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page