PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

timid's Avatartimid
I have a lot to say about this new line, and fair warning that it's not all good I really, really love Scavady. Like, it's my favorite fakemon now. It looks like an actual pokemon that would exist, and I would put it on my team and love it because I'm a crazy bug guy. I also love Aphreyd, but I find it really... generic? the sprite work is excellent, it's just adorable, but it also literally just looks like an actual bug that's been a little cutified. There's nothing wrong with that, just a nitpick but it does being me to my big point. I've been waiting for a dragon/bug pokemon since forever and I just so wish it had stayed sort of bulky and derpy looking the way Scavady is. Mantidra doesnt really look like part of the rest of the line? I feel like the base coloring lacks cohesion throughout the line with slight shifts in hue that arent really reflected in the alternates by my eyes? There's also kind of the slight oddness that aphids are eaten by ladybugs and mantises would probably eat a ladybug. Shifting entire species it's based off through it's line is... slightly odd. Anyway, the sprite work is amazing, and they're babey. I can't exactly put my finger on why I don't like Mantidra? Maybe it's the way it's body bulges out towards the back a bit under it, or the various spikes and claws on it not all being the same color? I'm going to chalk it up to personal opinion because it's work very well done, but for all intents and purposes Scavady will be the final evolution in my eyes Thank you for these bug children
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page