PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed > Remove tourney egg lock >

Sumeragi's AvatarSumeragi
I am dying, the conversations to this was extremely entertaining You'll have to forgive me if I bring up a point that's already been explained. I started skimming half-way through page 2 or 3. I moderately support this. Primarily because I saw this quote and I agree completely with them...

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

Why punish player for being inactive and not instead like, being cheerful that they are coming back? I'll use a silly example but, if a dog is being punish for fleeing, they may don't come back the next times. If the site punish a player when they want to spend the little times they have find on it, they may think after that this is not worth it.
Yes, I get it, it's "Just one point". But if it's that small of an issue, why have it at all? Why are we punishing users for being away? As the quote says, "they may not come back next time." Or they come back, see they have to wait (I think I saw around average) 3 weeks to get their progress back. Ew. Gross. Why? As an older player, I worked my butt off to get where I was (SSS Arceus) and I took, I think, 3 long breaks in that time. After two of those breaks, I worked my butt off again, to regain Arceus, this was the time where tournies have 4 new pokemon. Well, after the third break, I got fed up with it and now I don't (I still do) care. Seeing that my hard work gets set back when I take breaks, kinda hurts. And then to find out that I have to wait 3 weeks to get my status back? Yeah, no... I'm taking another 3 week break lol, and then forget what I was doing. Is it so bad to take breaks from a game? I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets burnt out from playing the same game every day, or just to get away from the community, or to no-life another game that just came out. And then come back refreshed and ready to see what else said game has to offer in the time I was away. There's actually quite a few games out there now who do the "Welcome Back!!!! We Missed you so much!!!!!!" and give you small rewards to help you get back into the game. I'm not saying PFQ should (or shouldln't) implement this idea, but it goes back to the saying of "Why are we punishing those who do come back?" It shouldn't matter why a user left for their break. Who cares? They came back didn't they? That's what should matter. Perhaps it would be a better idea to just have a few days lock of the egg for users who didn't score "just one point" instead of having to wait three weeks? Kinda meet in the middle? You'd still get that rush for the tokens for people who come back because they're preparing to buy for when their eggs do unlock.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page