PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Minor Updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Minor Updates >

King Vesper's AvatarKing Vesper
I'm weary of the new "Box Mode" update. Personally, I think certain features (like the Site Header and the Accordion BBCode) look so much better without their rounded borders. But I do not like how the update removes all rounded borders, from everything, specifically with my templates/designs. Most of my CSS designs use border-radius codes, and I would prefer not to lose that aspect of my designs. I noticed that using "!important" declarations reinstate the border radius codes, but as it's an "!important" declaration that is cancelling them out in the first place, I didn't know if I would be appropriate to use them inside my own codes. I also don't know if this would cause a conflict with browsers having to read and process all the declarations having to be made to get this to work. I understand the update was meant to help users with connectivity issues, and I'm not an expert in web development or maintenance, but I don't think it would be necessary to force everything on PFQ to have a squared border to do that. The majority of rounded borders on PFQ, are from the website's own design, and the code isn't often used on the forums (or other CSS-supported areas), so I have to ask: Is there any kind of way to preserve rounded borders for our own content/designs? I don't mean to sound ungrateful or rude, as this was made to help us, so please do not take it that way. I am concerned about the limitations this would force on anyone using CSS, and I wanted to make my concern known.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page