PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Cele's Scrolls

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff > Cele's Scrolls >

Cele's AvatarCele

Ideas

Automatic Chain Tracking

What it could look like in use

7437 320 72 4

Possible BBCodes

[chain=pkmn] [chain=hatched] [chain=hatched(s)] [chain=hatched(a)] [chain=hatched(m)]

Possible BBCodes, detailed

[chain=pkmn] would return the image for [pkmn=Sneasel] given that my current chain in this example is Sneasel, but if I broke my chain and began hunting Charmander, it would automatically update itself and return the image for [pkmn=Charmander] without the need for me to edit the post. The foundation for this already seems to exist, as seen on the shiny hunting page where the pkmn sprite matches what your current chain is. Possible variations could include [chain=pkmn], [chain=pkmn(s)], [chain=pkmn(a)], and [chain=pkmn(m)] to return N/S/A/M minisprites of the Pokemon currently being chained without the need for further editing by the user. [chain=hatched] would track the number of eggs hatched in the the chain. This is obviously already being done by the system as seen on the shiny hunt page. This number would include shiny, albino, and melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain. [chain=hatched(s)] would track the number of shiny Pokemon hatched in the chain. This is also already being done, as seen on the Timeline of shiny Pokemon hatched in chains. This number would exclude melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain. [chain=hatched(a)] would track the number of albino Pokemon hatched in the chain. This is where it gets a little tricky. I'm aware that albinos are random and not determined by the chain. However, if you determine whether the species of egg being hatched matches the species being chained and then check if the hatchling is albino and increment the count accordingly, you could feasibly track this as a statistic. This number would exclude melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain. [chain=hatched(m)] would track the number of melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain.

Reasoning

Many users, especially those who have taken to hunting seriously, enjoy tracking the statistics for their hunts. However, the number of what they've hatched, notably albinos, is exceptionally easy to lose track of. Additionally, editing is required constantly if the user wants an exact count. I have seen people get frustrated when they lose track and add a tilde in front of their albino counter since they now doubt the accuracy of it. My proposition is for a precise set of counters that does this for them, while still being fully modular so that they can decorate it as I have done with the egg and star images above. I personally also dislike the idea of having to go back and edit such a counter on a per-hunt basis, so having it reference my current chain rather than a chain on a per-species basis would be ideal. If I want to end a hunt, I can copy down the statistics that this code would give as a final record of how the hunt went, then break my chain. Doing so would set these counters to match the next chain's statistics, such as zeroing the special counters out and setting the [chain=hatched] counter to 1 for a new chain. It would be ideal if the PR Memory Stick was accounted for and the statistics were stored for reuse upon restoration of a saved chain, but ultimately it wouldn't be difficult for a user to simply add the pre-PRMS
PR Memory Stick
stats to the resumed chain's stats. It would still be a much more solid point of reference than manually counting.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page