PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Regarding PokéRus Abuse

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Regarding PokéRus Abuse >

Secaruolaolt's AvatarSecaruolaolt
Stars, this blew up a lot since the last time I read it all. Far as I can tell, the idea Neit soundboarded off of Garthic (or whoever he'd been talking to at the time) about limiting the number of 'rus tickets' any one user can have at a time, seems to be the best solution presented for the problem It doesn't affect fields at all. It puts everyone on a more level playing field, especially people with physiological/health-related reasons for not being able to click 4k+ Pokemon so fast. (Before anyone says 'what health issue could keep people from clicking?' let me head that off with 'there's this thing called degenerative nerve diseases.') It at least goes a long way to help prevent cheating (there'll always be that one person who figurres out a new way to cheat that you can't come up with beforehand). It does mean that rus hunters will have to change their tactics somewhat, but when that's the absolute worst of it that I can see...it's not as bad of a trade-off as most of the other suggestions to 'fix' the issue. What would a rus hunter rather take, if it really had to come down to it? Ultimately less tickets per person, or having your fields forced into visibility? (Not saying it will, because staff have repeatedly said that they're working on alternatives and options to try finding the best one - the one that affects non-cheaters the least.) Then there's always, y'know, cheaters stop cheating. That kind of completely solves the issue with no losses for anyone. Just because something isn't in the rules, if it has the potential to harm other users in some way, then that doesn't make it a good thing to do - there's no way for staff to think of each and every possible exploit and cheat beforehand, which is why these things get discovered over time. If you find an exploit, even one not specifically in the rules, report it to staff, don't abuse it. That's common decency. That aside, not much else for me to say, and I'm only commenting to add my two cents. Take it as you will, and have a good day.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page