PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas' >

ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
As a newbie, I wished that: 1. I could talk on the forums more easily. This was my first *big* forum game; before I had been on websites like Discord, Quotev, Facebook, Instagram, etc. The new forum rules were different and it was REALLY intimidating compared to the ones on sites before. I went to post in a shop when my account was a few weeks old, and saw that it was so complex and hard to navigate, I ended up posting in the thread what I wanted from the seller. Apparently, they had a form hidden in the big complex template and someone different messaged me saying something rather rude, about “you should read the shop rules before you post” and whatnot. It honestly scared me from posting in any forum for a while. That was just the first incident. XP A few more happened involving trading rules, double posting, posting images... Each time something popped up, I would search for the rules again (the site was hard to navigate back when I was a wee lass), and thoroughly read them. Now, I know pretty much everything on the site, how to find everything, the works. I know my way around, the rules for each forum, and I try to help people that need it. Over the past year or two, I’ve been getting messages from new users asking me questions, or I’d notice a relatively new user do something against the rules in a forum (usually unknowingly), and I’d always try to message them and be as kind as I can be, to answer questions or politely tell someone a site rule. Thankfully, I’ve seen the users of the site get a little nicer towards newbies, and that makes me happier. ^-^ 2. I wish I would have known my way around better. A couple times back in the day I tried posting in the help forum, or stumbling my way through the site. The answers in the help forums, while some were straightforward and “Farm, Other Links, Summon Items,” were oftentimes “check the wiki,” but then I didn’t know how to navigate the wiki and it became more stressful. Having a mentor would have helped me GREATLY. If a user needs to know where to find something, they can just pm their mentor, rather than post in the Help forum. 3. As was already mentioned before, I wish I could have known how to make currency easier. I was making VERY little starting out, until I eventually fumbled my way through and figured out the best ways to make bank.
Important traits mentors n e e d to have:Patience. I’m aware this is already a big factor that has already been mentioned, but that needs to be stressed. •Kindness. Nothing is more welcoming to a site than kindness. If we aren’t patient or kind to the newbies, that could scare them away from the site. •Decent knowledge of the site. Maybe not full knowledge of literally everything there is to do, but they should at least know how to find an answer if they can’t answer the question off the top of their head. Things mentors need to teach: •A basic set of rules for the site. If I were a mentor, I would personally send my adopted user smol newbie a list of basic site rules and forum posting rules (double posting, spam, image rules, etc.). •How to earn money. As stated before, introduce them to things like contests, fabulous Friday, tournaments... etc. •Answer site navigation questions. •This one is pretty optional, but some basic knowledge of BBCode would also help users. Optional, but also a thing: •If the mentor and newbie had things in common, things they both like, etc., that might help communication. Smol bonus: •and this is just a little bonus thing, it would be cool if mentors sent their newbie a gift. Like, a shiny, or a few gems, or something like that. :3 It’s kind of a nice surprise and adds for a more pleasant welcome. It probably shouldn’t be made mandatory, but encouraged perhaps?
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page