PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Display a symbol of some sort to designate banned users

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Display a symbol of some sort to designate banned users >

Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
There are a few reasons as to why we can't implement this. Before I go into them, however, please allow me to make a small, yet significant correction: we use the term "lock" instead of "ban". A ban is permanent, unlike a lock. A lock signifies they can come back and, depending on the situation, we'll unlock them. ^^ Now onto the reasons... Firstly, we would indeed be breaking our own rules in the way of blacklisting. This is also why ModWatch doesn't show the username when a staff member locks an account. Yay for trying to be transparent when your own rules don't allow it! xD (We really do want to be transparent, but how are we supposed to enforce our own rules if we, ourselves, break them?) Secondly, and this ties into the first... not all locks are "heavy". Sometimes we use it to gain the full attention of the user. Believe it or not, we have had people ignore staff PMs until we locked them to say "Hey, this is pretty important, please respond." And lastly... it's really none of someone else's business to know unless the locked person wishes it, which they can do of their own accord. :P If someone hasn't responded to you in a while and it's regarding one of the rules (eg. trade agreement unfulfilled, contest prize not sent, etc.) you can report them and we'll look into their activity.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page