PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daily backup failure + potential changes

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Daily backup failure + potential changes >

cloudtail's Avatarcloudtail
kinda have to agree with Kiryu on that. not everyone shiny/albino/melan hunts that's for certain, and i think the majority of the site actually doesnt. there's no way to tell how much could be lost. like garth said, it it's up to one week, so we could lose just a few hours or possibly 6 days of time. but even if the majority wouldn't suffer as much as a melan hunter would, you can't leave that minority out of the scenario. you can't really refund people's time, especially since how much would be lost varies per player. if the site crashes, it'd be devasting. but losing a few hours is way less worse than a few days. i'd still rather it not happen every day, mostly due to the problems it causes for pokerus. nobody would want the rus during backup, so would they just not click the host prior to it? that'd kinda suck imo but when i think about it a little more, a week is kind of long. if the site does have to roll back because of a crash, people could have to redo events like tournaments and type race, along with any hatching the did for their hunt, trading, or post creation (thinking like journal stuff here) maybe we could have backup every other day, or every three days? in all honesty im not concerned about the site crashing like it did that one time (was that 2 years ago?), but it seems a lot of ppl in this thread are. people don't play this game with the expectation that they could lose stuff so randomly like that, but i'm thinking it would ease a lot of minds if there was some sort of plan in place in case that happens again. i think the compesation last time was some bonus counters? that was nice, but it doesnt make up for pokemon that were essentially taken away. but you can't really just give people melans back based on if they said they lost one. it's a tricky situation, but i think people would be happier knowing that there's no possibility of losing up to a week's worth of work.
i dont play anymore avatar art by me!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page