PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in A Shadow's Tale

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > A Shadow's Tale >

LoneShadøw's AvatarLoneShadøw
Cleaned up my old character sprites again and added some new charries too, I should stop that but I've been in a mood for spriting and just playing around with fusions/retypes. Only expanding the ones I really like though, might even start a fanfic for them. Well, more a collection of short stories, I need something more relaxing than my more major fanfics...which I do need to get back to but I need to finish cleaning them up first and...yeah that stressed me out too much last time I looked at them. Meh, I will get to them eventually but for now I just want to play around with these guys and expand their world a bit. While I'm at it (and still in the mood) I can do sprites for others, just shoot a pm with a general idea of what you want. Also got sick of my eevee hunt so it's on hold for now, I really want to work on my other badges (mainly fire rn) and finish cleaning out my wishforge fields. I'd love a melan pup too but eh, we'll see how fast this one goes...I'll at least get two of my badges up another level before poking at something else. After that I'll need to replenish relics for future upgardes, eh it's a slow process but I'm getting there. Last but not least, and well a month late but here's my spill from the val event:

Lovesick Duet

Valentine's Event

Valentine's is probably my least favorite holiday, I just don't really care for all that lovey-dovey stuff...not that it's bad just not my kind of thing. That said I still have to poke around town during, got to stock up on chocolates and cookies while I can. Town's...pink...guess that's really all I can say, still not my thing. Garth's hanging out along the main road, says they just finished the decorations and offers a tour...which thankfully begins with the sweetheart stand. While walking we get into a chat about the sweetheart recipe, seems they've (Sei & Sporko) been working on improving them, and the traditional method of buying and giving. After a round of buying I'm distracted by a crash behind me, Flaroptera practically ran over Garth while I was busy. Sensing no danger though I return my focus to the stand, listening idly as they start up a conversation. It doesn't have anthing to do with me, at least until a third voice joins in...hmmm why are they letting the sick wander around? Better not be contagious, I sneak a peek back at the poor sick bunny before finishing my business and finally joining the chat as Garth starts translating. So she wants help with gift ideas for her valentine eh? As long as it doesn't turn out like last year I'm game, Emesh won't miss me for a bit yet anyway, so of course I tag along on the walk out of town. Where we eventually come upon a familiar flower stand, ah this is a human I actually like and it's good to see Leslie again...I want one of those flowers for Em but that'll have to wait, the conversation drifts to our previous adventure before finally coming around to our current quest. Leslie mentions herbs from a past stall and digs around until Garth produces a heal powder, now that might help a couple of sick lovebirds. Paying for it isn't cheap but I don't really mind helping out, so we split up to find as many as we can. I even get my old Furfrou into the mushroom digging spirit, not that it helps much but I eventually snag three big ones and meet back up with the others. They seem to have had better luck but hey I'm not complaining, together we got enough and I'm not dishing out all my savings. With that quick quest done Flaroptera darts off and we head back but it seems just medicine isn't enough of a gift, which I guess is true though health is one of things you wish on people. Meh, Garth and Taimorpha start up another discussion on what to get...which doesn't really go anywhere until Garth suggests melting some sweethearts into a custom chocolate bar, hmm maybe I should try that sometime but then again it wouldn't really last long. Of course they look to me for the chocolates and I suppose I have some to spare, okay that's a lie I have plenty but still...always room for more. Once I offer them up she runs off to get to work, leaving me along with Garth again and he's got something on his mind...seems Sei's been avoiding him and I can take a guess as to why, she's always running around meddling and this year's no different. Still, since we've lost our companions maybe we can coax her out of hiding...doesn't hurt to look around anyway. And we find her...on a beach with her bush disguise? I don't think that works...uh anyway she was avoiding Taimorpha not Garth, good then? He forces her to explain, which is partly interrupted by their good-natured bickering, where I finally get to meet the other sick pup...er shark? Either way Sei's been running around with Hydrinifor to make soup for the sick bunny we were helping, which is why she was hiding. I should have run before she finished, it was already starting to get late and I know how she is...ugh I'm getting roped into more fun but *sigh* I can't really be too mad. I had an inkling anyway and prepped the garden for some special growing in advance so it's not really too much, rawst isn't my flavour anyway. I ignore further bickering as Garth gets backed into the pun corner, should have seen that one coming, and check the garden to collect some prefects. After relocating back to town she admits she still needs something else, fresh pokéblockes...not my strong suit, those tend to go with contests and Em's area of expertise but ugh maybe I should have run earlier. Regardless I fire up the old blender and try my paw it, how hard can it be? After a few false starts and frustrations I finally get enough and...huh they're not melting, all that work for nothing? Ignoring that it's back to gifts, soup's not enough after all so Hydrinifor wants something to keep Taimorpha warm. Finding a middle ground that would be practical takes some discussion but eventually we agree on a cloak and set off to find Avaragon to make it. Wait why can't Sei? Ugh nevermind all this running around is starting to get to me. Heh, they are cute together...real love is a good thing, maybe someday. Not that Emesh is bad but there are somethings moirallegiance doesn't satisfy...still, I need to get back to him. And pick up that plant, maybe even indulge in a little something at the sweetheart stand. I'm getting sidetracked though and honestly starting to feel a bit like a third wheel, hopefully this is the last stop. Flaroptera's more than happy to 'help' with warming the soup, which sends all of us scattering to avoid burns, and Avaragon's willing to exchange a cloak for gems. Which I am not loaded with...okay maybe a little but, ugh what good's arguing with Sei? At least I can spare these and finally done...now to watch the lovesick duo argue over eachothers' wellbeing, knew that was coming. While they exchange the actual gifts Sei and Garth slip the medicine into the soup, at least this way they both get some help. I start to slip away, done with all of this now and feeling a bit lonely, but Garth catches me at the forest edge. We start up one more chat where he thanks me for the help and offers me some extra soup, heh...he's always been understanding at least. I nod and leave them to their day, it's past time I got to my own erands but...it was worth it, maybe...love is always worth it. And I think my brave little watcher would agree, time for my own gifts then I'm curling up for a nap with Em...it's been a long day after all.
Journal 🐾 Shop 🐾 Avatar Credit
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page