PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Complete Guide to Contests

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > Complete Guide to Contests >

xaandiir's Avatarxaandiir

… Intro to Contests ...

What are Contests?

Contests are events that take place on PFQ every week. Each week, 3 days are devoted to players being able to enter their pokemon into the contest after dressing them up, followed by 3 days of voting, where the winner is announced and there is finally one day break before the next contest begins.

How do they work?

Contestants are scored based on three criteria: Appeal: These points are calculated based on the pokemon's contest stats (Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, Tough) based on the contest type. For example, if the contest is a Beauty contest, then a pokemon with a high Beauty stat will be given more points than a pokemon with a low Beauty stat. Visual: When entering, a player dresses a pokemon up with various Accessories. Each Accessory can give low, medium, or high scores in accordance to the contest theme. For example, if the theme is "The Natural", then an accessory like a Tree will give high points whereas an accessory like Peculiar Spoon will give low points. Popularity: Popularity points are assigned by PFQ players during the voting period. The more votes a design gets, the more points the entry receives.

So How do I Win?

The best way to win contests is to ensure that a pokemon has a max appeal of a singular stat (for if there are multiple high stats, this will detract from the score of the contest type appeal), use only Accessories that will grant high points, and use your own judgment to create an aesthetically appealing design. This guide contains an in-depth guide on pokeblocks and how to use them to max appeals efficiently for the lowest cost, as well as a guide to Accessories for players to use when creating their designs.

A Note

I am always trying to improve this guide. Let me know if you find any typos or incorrect information in the tables. Also tell me if you have other strategies to maxing appeal stats or somethign similar so I may add it to the guide.

Want to Help?

Want to help make this guide even more accurate? There are a few ways! 1) If you have participated in any contests since August 2022, please fill out this form. Due to some adjustments to the PFQ economy and landscape, I want to cross check that prizes and popularity patterns. 2) PM me about contest experiments. There are several items that are not canon to the pokemon games and are instead PFQ exclusive items. I will be testing these items in contests. However, I am only one person and so I can only test one item per contest each week. If I have volunteers that can help me to test these items with each contest, I can figure out which contest each item helps the most. Please note that if you volunteer to help me with this, you will be foregoing your attempts at winning contests for a few weeks. You can drop out of helping me on this at any time!
  • about me
  • hunts
  • goals
xaan | any pronouns
425/1000
Current Hunt: Galarian Meowth 4/3 melans

Team Type Race: 1543

Goal: 5,000 points To badge...
4299 needed
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page