PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Hook Exclusives While Fishing

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Hook Exclusives While Fishing >

nonpuellamagi's Avatarnonpuellamagi
as someone who does actually use the fishing hut, i feel like they should be rarer than starters, or there should be some kind of limit? they are breedable, but you're limited to 6 daycare eggs per day without spending any kind of currency (and you can only increase it with GP or ZC), and i've easily pulled in 20-30 starters in a short time fishing. this would literally mean unlimited exclusives for the (negligible) price of bait and pokéballs--it'd add incentive to go fishing for sure, but it'd also probably break the market for these specific exclusives. i think the rarity is part of the reason exclusives are so beloved--they're a prize, something you have to earn. throwing them in with the likes of magikarp and goldeen would be doing them a disservice. i think this could be done, but it would have to be done carefully or it'd be incredibly unbalanced. my ideas are:
  • add a super rod and/or exclusive poké balls (costing GP, possibly?) that are required to catch exclusives; this would help retain some of their value and limit the amount you could get
  • make them much rarer than starters. it's easy to find yourself drowning in squirtles or mudkips when fishing. exclusives at that rarity would be far too comon.
  • restrict them to the last two fishing areas. this and the super rod/exclusive pokéballs together would limit new players from stumbling on exclusives their first day playing.
TLDR: i think it's a good concept but has the potential to make these exclusives worth far less than they are now. since other methods of obtaining exclusives are limited or require GP/ZC, i feel this should be too, to maintain balance.
rey ♥ they/them ♥ 24 my shop climbin' out the back door, didn't leave a mark - no one knows it's you, miss jackson avatar
official tcg art edited by me
| signature
coding by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page