PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

NORsevvy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNORsevvy
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
mmm melan altaria and froslass Okay to start off, melan Altaria was my first (successful) melan hunt, and my bird will always have a special place in my heart. Froslass was my most wanted melan, and will also have a very special place in my heart. But...the colours...they're not?? I don't know how to really describe how I'm feeling, other than a bit disappointed. Mega melan Altaria was GORGEOUS and I absolutely loved the colour schemes! That's why I wanted to hunt the cloud bird in the first place - the purple. The wings really did look like soft, puffy clouds, and it stood out to me. But now, uh..I don't really like the melan whatsoever. The maroon? Weird purple? For the base really puts me off, and then the clouds... In my personal opinion, the purple really made the sprite pop. But now, it doesn't really have that pop to in. The clouds are a dull greenish grey, and though some of the clouds (especially the 'middle back' one) look like, well, clouds, it's still...lacking, I guess? I miss the purple, and how fluffy and hug-able the old melan/mega looked. And melan Swablu and Altaria are..not exactly impressive, either. I really don't like the combination of the colours together, and it just puts me off quite a bit.
FROSLASS. I like the green eyes of the mega, and that might be it for said mega. The melan Froslass in general isn't that bad, but when she mega evolves, uh, hm. I know melanistics aren't supposed to be very bright and colourful, but this Pokemon isn't...really looking that great with that green. The dull green and purple, to me, don't mix well at all, and looks very...not good. Snorunt looks better, but Froslass seems to lack a lot. I, once again (personally), preferred the old colours, which to me really made Froslass seem like the dark ice queen she's supposed to be. That may seem a bit hypocritical, considering the old melan mega had orange-y brown, but it just...worked with the purple and her blue eyes. The bright green for eyes doesn't stand out to me very much, and the darker green doesn't go well with the (slightly) lighter purple. I do like the new albino Froslass, but the melan just...doesn't really appeal to me. The mint green of the albino Swablu line is very off-putting for me, but I don't exactly...dislike it? It just looks a bit strange. In my own opinion, I feel that aesthetic > consistency (this is in no way meant to be rude or mean!! i hope i dont come off that way, and i dont mean any insult to the art teams work, because i know they work very hard - just stating what i feel c: and quite honestly i might feel so biased against these specific pokemon because i hunted them, and their changes mean A LOT to me)
in peace, may you leave this shore, in love, may you find the next, safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground... may we meet again. typerace points! - 0 [pfp is by spacehavoc!]
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page