PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
tbh if we were going to have 100% realistic to real life melans they would all be brown or gold with black and that would look really boring. I understand why melanistic has so many liberties taken - but with albinos, I do not. Pinks, purples, baby blues, oranges, creams... all 100% realistic to albino critters, mammals included! Not all leucistic animals have red eyes, either. I personally find realistic albinos a lot more interesting than... use pale blue or grey or green and slap one of the other three colors on top of it. GRANTED, this series of updates has been MUCH better about the green with blue/grey/pink than others. Like, real life melanism doesn't have a lot of variety. I understand perfectly why artistic leeway would be important and "overproduction of pigment" is kind of subjective. If, say, a Pokemon was normally red but somewhere had a gene for blue pigment in its lineage, purple is completely reasonable for a melan. You never know what a darker Pokemon could look like because we don't know all their pigments and what could be added to make new colors. Albinos are less pigment, though. It bothers me far more because I can't make an argument for it and I feel like it would be better looking if they were just pale versions of the original. I mean, I guess that would kind of get boring? Maybe? But I honestly find that pale green on baby blue to be way more boring and dull than any pink/blue/purple on cream could ever be. EDIT: actually, amusingly, looking back at some of the sprites... some of them very much ARE exactly what one would expect a melan to be like if it were based on real life melans. Altaria's line, Cradilly/Lileep, Spheal, Sableye... and, as much as I love them, I would NOT want every melan to be those colors!
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page