PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
I am fond of the new sprites. Sure, there are some I'm not really a fan and what not. I'm not going to get into albinos, melans and shinies since uh..a bit worried about saying the wrong thing to be honest. (That and I really want to avoid being dragged into a possible argument...sorry guys) I do want to say I do appreciate the work the art team did! However, there are a few sprites that I'm a little bit confused of in terms of their looks and what not. Not specifically the albinos/shinies/melans but more so the the sprites of the megas and what not. I hope you don't mind if I ramble about a couple but point out things that bothered me in a respectful matter ^^'

Rambling

I'm not really a fan of Mega's Sceptile tail here. I think the other parts of Sceptile works fine for what is being achieved! However, there's something off about Mega Sceptile that I can't seem to ignore. The red leaf on the tip of the right arm does blend into the stinger of Sceptile and it took me a while to notice the fact this sprite did have the seeds on its tail. The large green tree part of the tail shape doesn't feel right. This is the one sprite I'm going to honestly see I'm not a fan of it. I love Mega Swampert. Only issue I have with this one is the shading on the right gill on its face. There's a light orange area that I'm not sure why it's there since it seems off when you compare it to the shading of the other elements of the sprite. I think the digits in between the toes could be a bit darker but that's about it. I'm not a fan of this pose and I believe it's mostly because of how that tail curls the way it does. I'm not really sure if it works with how Kyogre starts of and it almost feels uncomfortable. To me, it looks it's either ready to fall back or bend over. It just doesn't feel right. I feel there's too much shading going on for this. At least when I look at normal Metagross. It does feel a bit squished but honestly it's just the shading that mostly bothers me. However, after looking at Mega Metagross, the squish feeling I'm getting could be due to the size and the angle of the pose. Pretty sure everyone talked about this one. Ha. I do love the updated version of Rayquaza. However, the tendrils are a bit much and make it hard to read the sprite. I know a user above mentioned it but it does feel too cluttered. When looking at the previous version, I like that one since it seemed like it had more room to breathe.
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page