PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

I understand the Artistic Freedom of the staff, and that they put a lot of work into the new ''Melanistic'' Pokemon. But they do not reflect how Melanistic Animals look, or how Melanism works in its entirety. We want Melanistic Pokemon to look Melanistic. There was a quote from a staff member a while back- I'm unable to quote it because of the fact that the thread has been archieved and locked (Img of quote) Asking why we complain when a new thing is implemented while simutaneously asking for new things. Put simply, we like it when new things don't look bad. Melans are not Melanistic now. I see where the art team is taking it, they're doing the exact opposite of how melanistics should look and they're taking the appeal out of melanistics entirely- actively killing the market for them and their site in its entirety. If people don't like the melans, they are going to leave, the entire point of PFQ is to hunt and hatch specials, with a few things on the side. Making your specials look bad makes your entire site look bad, and people are going to leave. I've seen people dance around the subject to avoid upsetting staff out of legitimate fear of an account lock for their criticisms and I'm actually sick of it. I don't care about your consistency, you're taking backwards steps and actively destroying your entire site in the process. Saying "The staff has worked so hard" "It's rude to the staff" etc. Does not change anything. It's literally a guilt-trip and it only makes me even more infuriated about the mindset of a lot of this community. If something is bad and needs criticism, I'm going to criticize it. We complain, because when new things are implemented, take forever to implement, then look like absolute trash, it's more than a little disappointing. I'm not meaning to be rude, or throw shade, or target the staff team. But there have been so many complaints about the new sprites already. Melan hunting is nearly dead as it is, these changes should make them better, not worse! In a month, sure there'll be less complaints- not because we think the sprites look any better, but because complaining is pointless when the staff barely does anything to make positive changes or take userbase opinions into account at all. PFQ feels more like a staff playground that they're 'graciously' letting us in than something that the users can actively influence because they care about the userbase. If I'm wrong, prove me wrong, yell at me, tell me I'm wrong straight to my face, show me solid proof. I'm a lot like Garthic in the way that I say things harshly, and sometimes people take them the wrong way because on the internet it's hard to argue and not come off as a terrible person. I am begging you- staff Keep the community updated, give us a say in how the melans look, and the upcoming features. If you want Pokefarm to survive these are things you need to do as site administrators. I fear for the future of PFQ if things keep going the way they're going now. Melans in point from the wiki:

Real Life Melanistics

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page