PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Warriors Unite - Again!

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans > Warriors Unite - Again! >

Duskar's AvatarDuskar
Oooh names. I used to be super strict on names but now it’s like ehhhh? Like obviously I would go uhh wat at a ThunderClan cat named something like Penguinkit, or Sharkkit, because those things just don’t naturally occur in the general environment. Makes sense, since well wild cats wouldn’t even know what those things are, or even picture them. But then, why do cats use human words? If cats don’t know what hammers are, how do they know what trees are? Coincidence? I love in BrS when Greystripe is touring the others through the house, and points out a chair, kitchen, etc. because it really makes that disconnect between, say, our per kitties and feral cats that have no human interaction. Some things could have been handled better, but I still live how the cats anthrophomorphise things to them. Like calling the wheels of a car ‘paws’ (multiple mentions of ‘monsters not wanting wet paws’). They kinda really are just furry people, as has been said by Kate I think? It also draws attention to how much humans do this too - we love giving things human traits because they’re familiar, so why wouldn’t cats? What name would a cat give a hammer? What would they call a motorcycle, since it’s so different to a car? And for those of you who remember Millie saying she couldn’t get sick, then getting sick, cats get booster shots once a year, so maybe she was past her due date ;0 Honestly though Erin throws so much universe building out the window that I’m gonna put a big ol’ box under there to catch it all. That, and they are fantasy books so a little suspension of disbelief is pretty good.
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page